Roush need help

do-it

Nov 23, 2005
Jersey
If you look in the #13 for sale again post you will see whats left of my Car.

I really want that #13 but wonder what kind of number State Farm will come back to me (03 saleen 12k miles)

#13 is what I think a very good deal but because of his location, the numbers will end up a bit high. Here is the dilema...

Todds car

or

an 05 GT stick, premium/fully loaded w/ 6k miles for 26k (i know the history of the car)

I kind of was thinking of buying an 03 gt and putting my stuff in it. not my favorite idea

Never thought I post a question of this nature...LOL

Also

might be able to buy the car back so if anyone has interest in 03 SC engine traqns, guages, Seats(not sure one is not in the same place so brackets might be bent)...lets talk, Imnot interested in making money just cover expenses to buy it back.

just wondering how a stock 05 compares to an 03 saleen SC. I think Ill miss that supercharger kick.

Aso hav a set of brand new saleen wheels (10 in back)but new rubber but not Z rated (Toyos) let me know if interested.

• Sponsors (?)

No doubt you'll miss the Supercharger kick, However FWIW I raced an 05 that had an X pipe, cat back, and chipped, and he hung tight with me. It would have been a toss up on the track. I would for sure try and keep your old car and get them to buy you a new one as well. You can sell most the stuff on ebay and make the money back. Probables right even a used 12K Saleen exhaust will net you 300 bucks. :)

See how much the carrier wants to give you for the total loss. You may have to fight a little to get the estimate where it should be, considering the insurance companies aren't exactly totalling out Saleen's everyday. Then ask what they will subtract on the buy-back if you keep your vehicle. You can use an appraiser like I mentioned in the other link, if necessary.

I agree, you can sell a ton of that stuff and get good $, but that takes time and money, posting it on websites, shipping, etc.... And don't forget, at some point you are going to be left with a stripped-down GT chassis sitting in your garage. You will have to figure out some way to get rid of that thing, i.e., pay a towing company to take it to the scrapper or the auction. Sometimes it is nicer to just have a fat check and go on your way with a nice new set of wheels.

Of course, you always have the option of making it into lawn furntiture like they do out near my neck of the woods in Stockton.....just make sure to lightly cover the area with Natural Light beer cans first. And add a loud, ratty dog tied to something.

Cali 281SC said:
Of course, you always have the option of making it into lawn furntiture like they do out near my neck of the woods in Stockton.....just make sure to lightly cover the area with Natural Light beer cans first. And add a loud, ratty dog tied to something.
:lol:

....when my 85 went up in smoke, the insurance company totalled the car, gave me the fat check and I bought back the car with a salvage title for $50 bucks!!!! Remember, salvaged titles have NO value to the insurance company or for dealer trade-ins.

When I finally get around to restoring the hatchback, as long as I document all the work, have pictures and keep receipts, my insurance company will still insure the car under full coverage for the amount of a clean titled car!!!

OR you can part out the car......
OR buy it back for nothing, go buy #13 and have Scott (s351animal) fix your totalled 03.
Then you can bet the hell out of the restored one, drive it daily and have the E for weekend cruising, car shows or to go spank imports :nice:

The one nice thing about State Farm is that they will give you current retail value for the vehicle (not wholesale or trade-in). Since my son has totaled 2 cars within the last five years, I speak from experience.