Need input on tuners

ArkansasMystic

Feb 16, 2007
I'm really considering a tuner for my 96 Cobra. I've found a used SCT XCAL2 Strategy Tuner for pretty cheap (less than half price of a new one). I'm considering picking it up. However, I'm also thinking about picking up a new XCAL3. Would there really be any noticeable difference between them? I know nothing about tuners, so bear with me. When buying one from American Muscle, they advertise free tunes for life. With the used tuner, what would I have to do to receive a tune like that? If it is something I can learn how to adjust myself, no problem. If I'm gonna have to pay someone to e-mail me a tune, it may be cheaper in the end to order though American Muscle since they offer the free tunes. Thanks for any input.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm really considering a tuner for my 96 Cobra. I've found a used SCT XCAL2 Strategy Tuner for pretty cheap (less than half price of a new one). I'm considering picking it up. However, I'm also thinking about picking up a new XCAL3. Would there really be any noticeable difference between them? I know nothing about tuners, so bear with me. When buying one from American Muscle, they advertise free tunes for life. With the used tuner, what would I have to do to receive a tune like that? If it is something I can learn how to adjust myself, no problem. If I'm gonna have to pay someone to e-mail me a tune, it may be cheaper in the end to order though American Muscle since they offer the free tunes. Thanks for any input.

Sniper Special Forces tunes 2 cars right out of the box , I do free custom tunes , and was doing it long before AM was , they will send you to a dyno tuner at the addition of the first radical modification , I wont as long as you buy a wideband to aid in tuning it .....

Sniper Special Forces tunes 2 cars right out of the box , I do free custom tunes , and was doing it long before AM was , they will send you to a dyno tuner at the addition of the first radical modification , I wont as long as you buy a wideband to aid in tuning it .....

Im looking into getting the sniper software in about a month, so how much is the special forces unit? Do you have a stangnet coupon for us.:D And you do free custom tunes, how does that work? Do I just sent you my mods and you make a custom tune for me? O ill be getting a wideband to.:nice:

it worked fine for the out of the box tune but none of the shops near me will use it to dyno tune for nitrous, thats keeping me from buying a kit cause id have to get a xcal or sniper just to tune, too much trouble for me