Roush need opinion

s281er238

Mar 31, 2005
thinking of buying a new car but i dont know which to go for 2005 saleen sc
or 2006 corvette z51 i havent drove the 05 saleen sc so i dont know how good of a car it is ,and as far as any problems with the car or bad performance if any of you guys own a 05 or 06 saleen sc i love to hear some good about it

• Sponsors (?)

Only downfall of the new vette is that if you don't get the z06, you'll blend in with the rest of the midlife crisis guys.

Peformance of a SC saleen and vette c6 are similar.

The vette is probably a better car, but the saleen is a far better conversation piece, you should be prepared to speak about it, and show people things on it, on a daily basis.

well just my 2 cents but were i live there are only 2 Saleens in town that i know of and one is mine and there about about 30 vettes so which one will people notice the Saleen. every time i park my car at a store when i come out there are atleast 2 two people walking around it looking at it waiting to ask my questions about it. with the vette they just keep walking because they are to common and just about every one has one now days. plus in my opion the saleen looks better and has more charater then the vette. and like 2000xp8 said great conversation peice.

well i am a mustang/ ford guys so of course the decision is easy (Saleen all the way) i realy would like to see chevy go under that way i would not have to see chevys on the road no longer. but like i said just my opion since that is what he was asking for.

s281er238 said:
thinking of buying a new car but i dont know which to go for 2005 saleen sc
or 2006 corvette z51 i havent drove the 05 saleen sc so i dont know how good of a car it is ,and as far as any problems with the car or bad performance if any of you guys own a 05 or 06 saleen sc i love to hear some good about it

Are you not the guy who has claimed to have owned 5 Saleens including an "E" car?

:shrug:

Remember last time you went to the dealer to trade in "your Saleen"?

I do not think dealers, or anybody on this forum are going to be forming a line just to buy "your Saleen", so I think a trade is out of the question.

How big of a check can you write?

s281er238 said:
I Bouht A Brand New Saleen S281sc 2004 Was Very Happy Ever Since I Got The Car Its Been Nothing But Problems.its Always At The Dealer And I Had Nothing But Problems And Now Its Still At The Dealer And The Cant Fix A Check Engine Problem The Customer Service Sucks And All The Top Head Guys Give The Dealer A Run Around.the People At The Dealer Tell Me That Now That The 05 Saleen Are Here They Dont Even Care About The Old Body Style Or The New One To So Thats Pretty Sad To Know When You Pay 50000 For A Car Which Sucks,so I Called The Bbb And I Told Them The I Want To Return The Car So I Have A Case Open And A Lawyer I Wanted To Share This Because Iam A Saleen Fan I Owned Some Before But I Sorry To Say This Is My Last One That I Will Ever Buy Poor Customer Service And It Takes The 4 Weeks To Send A Part Cause They Dont Have Any 2004 Parts In Stock How Sad Is That Whats Gone Happen In A Year From Now If The Car Has Problems There Gone Keep The Car In Dealer For 4 Month How Stupid Are They Anyways I Jnust Wanted To Share This With You Guys Cause Iam So Pissed Offf At Them

s281er238 said:
I Went To Galpin Motor This Weekend To See The New Supercharged Saleen In Yellow And They Wanted To Trade In My 2004 Saleen Sc Full Loaded 3000 Miles And Give Me 24000 For The Car,can You Belive It I Was Shocked I Called The Salesperson Who Sold Me The Car In The Begining And Told Him You Told Me That This Cars Hold There Value What The Hell Is This And He Couldnt Even Look At My Face So Basicaly I Wwas Gone Be 12000 Upside Down And Then They Wanted 15000 Down 1100 Payments For The New One I Told The M To Go Screw Ur Selfs Just Wanted To Share This With You Guys I Was So Pissed Off And After Lookin At The Car I Like Mine Better Looks Mean And Exotic Where The New Saleen Looks Like A Gt More With A Roush Style Body Kit

s281er238 said:
I Have A 04 Saleen Sc With The Bassani X Pipe And High Flow Cats I Also Installed The Mif Or Mlf Adapters So It Wont Get A Check Engine. And Ever Since Then I Went To The Dealer 4 Times Already And They Replaced My O2 Sensors .whats Going On, And Now Its Back Again With Service Engine Light Need Advice Iam Going Nuts

s281er238 said:
The 04 Saleen How Much Boost Does It Get They Says 9 To 10 But I Only See 5 Why Anyone Have The Same Problem And Has Anyone Changed There Tb To 75

s281er238 said:
I Finally Got A Chance To Punch The Car. I Got About 7 To 8 Boost But, Didnt See Much Pull Or A Wow At Least In Power I Have 373 Gears Jlt Intake Havent Put It On Yet, But Any 04 Sc Owners Out There. How You Feel About This What Do U Guys Think .its Like I Push It Wot In 3rd And It Get Boost But Dosent Really Trow Me Back To The Seat .

s281er238 said:
But In General I Think That The 99 To 2004 Saleen Look Way Cooler And Mean Sports Car Look Than The 05 Looks Like A Gt More Like .i Pull Up To A 360 Modena On Pch And Everyone Is Mad Checkin Out My Car Than The 360 So I Love This Body Style

Saleen Mike said:
Are you not the guy who has claimed to have owned 5 Saleens including an "E" car?

:shrug:

Remember last time you went to the dealer to trade in "your Saleen"?

I do not think dealers, or anybody on this forum are going to be forming a line just to buy "your Saleen", so I think a trade is out of the question.

How big of a check can you write?

:owned:

Whatta tool. :lol:

Just like 2000XP8 said, Vettes are common. Just from a mechanics standpoint, if you keep either car (vette or Saleen), the Vette is hell to work on! I've worked on just about every body style and after the mid 80's they became a real pain! The mod motor cars are a tough also but, it is easier to get to things.

yes after months of back and forth with bbb and lawyer there going to buy back my car and iam going to also get extra 5000 for expenses on top of that so now i am thinking wheather i should buy a corvette or a 06 saleen but never drove one sc dealers dont let u drive the car so if anyone has 05 or 06 sc i would love to hear more about the car cause saleen is really careless when it comes to customer service and support

In all fairness...if you are a person who cares what people think, the Vette will get you further. To most the Saleen is just another mustang (just like the GT is another mustang)

Bottom line...its kind of like the guys who are not die hards and go out and buy a Harley. Very easy to tell....if you ask if the ride...their response is always, 'I got a HARLEY..." (not that there stickers in the window, around the plate, and all their T-shirts tell the story) but for the guy who just rides it is "I got a bike...".

Im not talking about every single person either. IMOP

it is up to you but like i said if you want something that every one sees like 30 times a day then get the vette just remember it is a chevy but if you want somthing that not many people have then get the Saleen.

s281er238 said:
yes after months of back and forth with bbb and lawyer there going to buy back my car and iam going to also get extra 5000 for expenses on top of that so now i am thinking wheather i should buy a corvette or a 06 saleen but never drove one sc dealers dont let u drive the car so if anyone has 05 or 06 sc i would love to hear more about the car cause saleen is really careless when it comes to customer service and support

Hmmm...

s281er238 said:
But In General I Think That The 99 To 2004 Saleen Look Way Cooler And Mean Sports Car Look Than The 05 Looks Like A Gt More Like .i Pull Up To A 360 Modena On Pch And Everyone Is Mad Checkin Out My Car Than The 360 So I Love This Body Style

Per you "The 05 Looks Like A Gt", and I do not think you could handle the lack of "Mad Checkin Out" that you would no longer get.

I would suggest getting either a Lambo, C-GT, or Spyker, as I would hate for you to be sitting on the PCH, stuck at a light next to a 360 Modena, and have everyone "Mad Checkin Out The 360".

I would test both cars if I where you. Where you can check drivability and style first hand.Do you want a 2 or 4 seat car? My self I'd probaly go with the 'vette picking from the 2.
Personaly I'm not that big on the '05 Saleen looks. I realy like the 4 headlight set up on the GT and saleen does away with it and I like the GT rear better also. I'd get a Black GT before I got either a new Saleen or 'vette.

IF you have owned a Saleen, there is no question that if you are looking for a truely rare/collectible car they are VERY tough to beat-period.. Yes there are some cars that will spank my '00 S281SC, but I have a car that won't get lost in the parking lot either. If you are geeked out about losing a race, buy an E model or S351 and let the beatings begin. If you are looking for a car that handles, a corvette will not out corner you, nor will most sports cars that cost twice the $. If you put a Saleen upto a Corvette (no matter the model) and line them up on a road course the best driver will win... Again, all the Saleen owners know what kind of attention they get and you will get more attention than any Corvette (If that floats your boat) and you have more interior room to fit your big grin!

Saleen Mike said:
Hmmm...

Per you "The 05 Looks Like A Gt", and I do not think you could handle the lack of "Mad Checkin Out" that you would no longer get.

I would suggest getting either a Lambo, C-GT, or Spyker, as I would hate for you to be sitting on the PCH, stuck at a light next to a 360 Modena, and have everyone "Mad Checkin Out The 360".

:lol: :rlaugh: :hail2: Damn Mike... You on the warpath or what. You're cracking me up...lol Hey, if this guy can afford a Lambo, or C-GT, WTF is he looking at a Saleen Mustang for??:shrug: Corvette vs. Saleen in the wow department, the Saleen wins hands down...no comparison. Corvettes perform well (at least for a while...), but they are a dime a dozen...

sal07b said:
:lol: :rlaugh: :hail2: Damn Mike... You on the warpath or what. You're cracking me up...lol Hey, if this guy can afford a Lambo, or C-GT, WTF is he looking at a Saleen Mustang for??:shrug: Corvette vs. Saleen in the wow department, the Saleen wins hands down...no comparison. Corvettes perform well (at least for a while...), but they are a dime a dozen...

Well, they seem to have had nothing but problems with Saleens, have run through 5 of them including an "E" before they have learned how to use a keyboard, and feel the need to be stared at when sitting at a light next to a F-Car.

Knowing that their prior account was the one where the person typed everything in ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME AND WAS FULL OF SPELLING ERRORS (man those were some hard reads), I doubt the person owns a Saleen. Perhaps their friend does, perhaps their mom/dad does, perhaps they heard about them on the 'Net, I do not know, but I really do not think they own a Saleen, and I am not the first one to point this out.

Really, they hate the '05 Saleen, and have "owned" a more powerful Saleen (the "E"), why are they even wondering what it is like to have one? They say they love the '99-'04 body MUCH more, and have claimed to have owned at least 3 including the current '04. I think a Lambo would be a better choice for them.

s281er238,
If you can't write the check for the difference between what the bbb "gives" you, and the cost of the Lambo, perhaps a Yugo with a 6' wing made out of plywood would be a better choice. You will get more looks than the 360 at the stoplight with something like that, and it is all about the "Mad Checkin Out" right?

Best of luck with your purchase. If you choose the above path, at least with the Yugo you do not have to worry about crappy factory service, as they have gone the way of the dodo.

Saleen Mike said:
Well, they seem to have had nothing but problems with Saleens, have run through 5 of them including an "E" before they have learned how to use a keyboard, and feel the need to be stared at when sitting at a light next to a F-Car.

Knowing that their prior account was the one where the person typed everything in ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME AND WAS FULL OF SPELLING ERRORS (man those were some hard reads), I doubt the person owns a Saleen. Perhaps their friend does, perhaps their mom/dad does, perhaps they heard about them on the 'Net, I do not know, but I really do not think they own a Saleen, and I am not the first one to point this out.

Really, they hate the '05 Saleen, and have "owned" a more powerful Saleen (the "E"), why are they even wondering what it is like to have one? They say they love the '99-'04 body MUCH more, and have claimed to have owned at least 3 including the current '04. I think a Lambo would be a better choice for them.

s281er238,
If you can't write the check for the difference between what the bbb "gives" you, and the cost of the Lambo, perhaps a Yugo with a 6' wing made out of plywood would be a better choice. You will get more looks than the 360 at the stoplight with something like that, and it is all about the "Mad Checkin Out" right?

Best of luck with your purchase. If you choose the above path, at least with the Yugo you do not have to worry about crappy factory service, as they have gone the way of the dodo.

OUCH!!!:flame: :owned: man Mike, I think this guy has a new A**hole. Because you just ripped him one. LOL I definatly agree with you though... :rlaugh: :hail2: you are the master of burning people and I love it!!:hail2:

IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN DO U PRIK :shrug: :notnice:
STOP WITH YOUR BULL**** AND GET A LIFE I HAVE HAD 3 SALEEN ,YOU DONT BELIVE ME THATS NOT MY PROBLEM I DONT CARE WTF U THINK MY QUESTION WAS REGARDING A 05 NOT 98 NOT 99 NOT 04 05 IDIOT I NEVER OWNED A 05

s281er238 said:
IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN DO U PRIK :shrug: :notnice:
STOP WITH YOUR BULL**** AND GET A LIFE I HAVE HAD 3 SALEEN ,YOU DONT BELIVE ME THATS NOT MY PROBLEM I DONT CARE WTF U THINK MY QUESTION WAS REGARDING A 05 NOT 98 NOT 99 NOT 04 05 IDIOT I NEVER OWNED A 05

Last edited by s281er238 : Today at 05:25 AM.

Clearly not edited for "caps lock" or "spelling" ;)

We all know you never owned an '05 Saleen. Why would you own one? You have spent the last year telling us how much you hate them.

Now, where is the "ignore" button when you need it?

Edit to fix the "wink" ;)