Need opinions/advice

Down

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2002
Overland Park, KS
I recently got back into the SN95 world w/ a 95 GT. One of the few things wrong with it was a massive clearcoat peeling on the front bumper. No biggie though, cause I wanted to eventually throw a Cobra front bumper on.

Coincidentally, a local guy is parting out a black 98 Cobra (same color as my GT). He said he'd sell me the front bumper and headlights for $75.

1. Am I correct in assuming that this is a deal to jump all over?

2. What all do I need to make sure I get? I plan on pulling the fog lights, front bumper cover, and headlights. Any brackets, fasteners, etc. I need to get? I'm not famaliar at all with this swap and don't wanna miss anything.

Thanks,

J

• Sponsors (?)

Down said:
I recently got back into the SN95 world w/ a 95 GT. One of the few things wrong with it was a massive clearcoat peeling on the front bumper. No biggie though, cause I wanted to eventually throw a Cobra front bumper on.

Coincidentally, a local guy is parting out a black 98 Cobra (same color as my GT). He said he'd sell me the front bumper and headlights for $75.

2. What all do I need to make sure I get? I plan on pulling the fog lights, front bumper cover, and headlights. Any brackets, fasteners, etc. I need to get? I'm not famaliar at all with this swap and don't wanna miss anything.

Thanks,

J

Yes, I wouls absolutely jump all over that. Even if the paint doesn't match I would still jump on a Cobra bumber for $75, the paint matching just makes it a sweeter deal.

Sorry, I'm not sure about the brackets and fasteners.

Down said:

Thanks,

J

I havnt dont it either, however.. considering the mounting points. It should be a pretty much direct swap.
Dont quote me on that, but.. it shouldnt that bad at all. I wouldnt be suprised if it was a direct swap.

But yes, for an OEM cobra front bumper.. its more than worth the 75 bones. regardless of color.

It was rear ended. He's actually still got the hood for sale, and the black leather seats. I'm honestly kinda thinking about those too.
What's even more amazing to me, is the bumper was posted on KCSR (local site) since the first of the month, at $75. I can't believe it lasted that long.

J

Down said:
It was rear ended. He's actually still got the hood for sale, and the black leather seats. I'm honestly kinda thinking about those too.
What's even more amazing to me, is the bumper was posted on KCSR (local site) since the first of the month, at $75. I can't believe it lasted that long.

J
If you dont jump on the hood, let me know. My hood has some bad oxidation, looks like it has fake carbon fiber paint on it :nonono: :nonono: