Need Pics...Anyone with 17X9 Bullitts and 275 tire

TRUEBLUEOVAL

Founding Member
Aug 13, 2001
Long Island, NY
After 38K, my stock Goodyears are finally done. I figured while I'm getting new tires, I should upgrade the size. My idea is to get 17X9 Bullitts from an aftermarket company for the rear, and keep the stock Bullitt wheels up front. Anyone do this? Do the aftermarket wheels match the color and style of the stock wheels? Is a 275/40/17 tire the right size for a 17X9? Pics would be great if anyone has any.

• Sponsors (?)

topgunz_1 said:
can get some 17x10's and run 315's in the back...just might be hard to match the finishes if they arent exact, could need to get two wheels painted or something, but that shouldnt bee too expensive

I really don't like the deep dish look for these wheels. That's why I wanted to go with the 17X9.

crew_dawg16 said:
the 275s would fit fine on a 9 inch rim, I also have them on my 8" and to tell you the truth, I love the way they look on there, just a little lip.

Do you have any pics from the back of your car?
From doing many searches on this and other boards, there seems to be a difference of opinion on how well a 275 would fit and perform on the stock 17X8 wheel.

TRUEBLUEOVAL said:
Do you have any pics from the back of your car?
From doing many searches on this and other boards, there seems to be a difference of opinion on how well a 275 would fit and perform on the stock 17X8 wheel.

Here is one pic from the back of my car, i will look for a better one.they are 275-40 on stock 17x8

I have 17x9 bullitt rims with 275/40/17 tires all the way around on my Mustang and they fit perfectly. As for the rim color, i'm not sure. I'd say that the colors would match but i've never actually compared replicas to OE rims in real life. I have black bullitt replicas. They are exactly like the OE bullitt rims except of course they're black.......I don't have any pictures right now of my car to show. But I should have some soon....

I was thinking of using 17x8s on the front with a 245/45s and 17x9s with 275/40s on the rear to make the rear tires fit the rear fenders like the fronts. seems like on my car with all the tires the same size the fronts look wider then the back

I got some pics of 275 40 17 on stock rims :)
heres a back shot, and a shot of just the tires.

Attachments

• Back1.jpg
    Back1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 220
  • Tires4.jpg
    Tires4.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 183