Need quick help with Cobra brake part problem.

Quick5pnt0

Founding Member
Aug 21, 1999
north eastern PA
Last week i noticed that there was something rattling in front of my 94 Cobra. After taking a look i noticed that a small clip/spring on the left front brake pad was missing.
This part is a small metal d or p shaped clip that sits between the bottom of the front brake pads and the bracket the brake pads "sit" on. Without this part the pad is able to rattle up and down.
I've gone to two ford dealers and keep getting the run around. The first dealer said there was absolutely no listing for any clips or springs on the front brakes and that it probably comes with the pads. Of course they didnt stock the pads so we couldnt take a look.
The second dealer found what i believe is that part but he said the computer says its not made anymore and that it probably comes with the pads. Personally i think he's trying to sell me the pads because he makes nothing off selling me something so small.
What i'm trying to find out is if anyone knows what these parts are called and somewhere i can order it without having to go back to the back stabbers at the dealership.
Thanks in advance
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the help!
I wound up just going to another ford dealer and having them get me pads for it which came with the clips. I figured i'd use the pads at some point or another so i might as well just get them.
Thanks again
Mike