Need some advice on a possible car purchase

Azrukhal

Apr 27, 2010
Washington
So I found this "1990 Mustang GT Convertible with 68,xxx actual miles. This is a 25th. Anniversary Edition with logo's and original paperwork and window sticker where purchased new from Gresham Ford. It is black on black with the injected 5.0 liter (302) Auto. Loaded with Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Leather, Lumbar, Air Conditioning, Intermitting Wipers, Remote Truck Release, Power Top (with boot), This has not been abused and is in original condition. It even has all the original factory stickers on all of the fenders, hood, trunk etc.. Still has the original AM-FM-Cassette that works. I have changed the battery, Wheels and tires (Cobra with less than 500 miles on them) and Headlights (still have originals) Has never been in a wreck and i have a clean carfax report. Starts and runs perfect every time. I have had this stored in a climate controlled shop and hope to find someone interested in taking care of it." The guy wants $7500 for it and i'll obviously have to go look at it before I make a final decision but I thought you guys might have some input on weather I should consider this or how much I should actually ask for it. I'll put up some Pic's.

dscn1809b.jpg

dscn1802.jpg

He posted lot's of pic's with it but for space sake im only going to post those. the body seems to be straight and the paint is good.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd offer $6000 and see what he says--though some exterior shots are needed to judge better, the interior and underhood look pretty good. I personally don't care for AODs, (they're fine for cruising around town) but you could modify it to make it a real performance tranny.

Though it is low mileage, $7500 is a bit high, unless the condition really warrants it.

I would sooner buy a stick shift coupe in worse condition with more miles on it for $7500. Sure, its in great shape, but as far as desirable aero-nose Foxes go, an AOD 'vert is bottom of the barrel.

if you really want to spend 7500 for a car come get my notch for the same price. im in olympia.

93 notch
5-speed
18" saleens/cobra brakes
full suspension mods
black interior

very well put together, i drive it 2-3 days a week to work..

Nice car I just sold my 93 GT convertible..with a new black top,full black leather interior,AOD,3.73's,Show car red,cowl hood,saleen wing,clear headlights,lx tail lights...for $3500 and my car had 143,xxx on it...I think i would offer him like $5000 and go from there...I liked my AOD for everyday driving...And my 87 GT convertible is also an AOD thats going turbo soon, I would rather have an auto once i do go turbo...:nice: