Need some advice

mr.shovels

Apr 20, 2008
I was just involved in a wreck where my 1981 Datsun 280ZX was totaled. I was going down a main road when the car in front of me slammed its brakes, so I slammed mine but wasn't fast enough. Ended up rear ending him. It knocked his exhaust pipe loose. Pushed the core support on my ZX back a few inches. When the Police arrived I told all this and they said I should have better brakes. The whole brake system on the ZX is a year old. And the guy that I hit was driving with a expired license. I plan to go to talk to an attorney on Monday about fighting the case. Since he shouldn't had been on the road to begin with t would seem like. I'm pretty pissed off to cause the mustang is broken and that ZX was completely original and in good shape. I'm just really confused on what to do. :(

• Sponsors (?)

Dude, you shoulda called! When did this happen? I was just on 7th ave a couple hours ago.

Sorry man but you are screwed. When you rear end another vehicle you are at fault no matter what. It meens you were too close to begin with and thats what the cops will say. Thats a bummer about the Z, that was a nice little car :( Whats wrong with the Stang?

.... Please tell me this didnt happen when I was texting you earlier. :mad:

My phone got destroyed when it happened. It happened about 4. I have been told they would try the I was to close bull**** but I wasn't very close, this was in traffic. I'm still going to talk to an attorney. Because it is a family friend and he'll do it free for my step mom. I had to stop myself from beating the dumbass who caused it. :mad: Oh the Tow driver who took it to my house was the one that got the cobra that night of the wreck. He said it would be worth trying to fight.

My phone got destroyed when it happened. It happened about 4. I have been told they would try the I was to close bull**** but I wasn't very close, this was in traffic. I'm still going to talk to an attorney. Because it is a family friend and he'll do it free for my step mom. I had to stop myself from beating the dumbass who caused it. :mad: Oh the Tow driver who took it to my house was the one that got the cobra that night of the wreck. He said it would be worth trying to fight.
It was 5 when we were texting. :scratch:

So whats wrong with the Stang now?

It was 5 when we were texting. :scratch:

So whats wrong with the Stang now?

:shrug:
It was like 20 minutes after I was texting you.
Um the stang is possessed, I'm convinced. Something is wrong with the clutch. I thought it was the cable but, it doesn't feel like it broke. It is not completely disengaging, and I can't shift gears. It also want go all the way down

Well, eaither your shift fork is bent/off its mount or its the cable. You just did the clutch and TOB right? So eaither the cable is stretched which is probable cause your cars age/miles or the fork. I would bet the cable is the issue.
So how bad is the Z?
Damn, I was gonna ask you to stop by Jerrys Monday to take some pics of the new k-memeber for me :(

That mustang is worse than a girlfriend
:mad:

The Z the core support is shoved far enough back the fan is on the motor. I think the K member is bent, passenger fender is ****ed. The whole engine bay looks like it was shoved back. It is pretty much totaled. It still runs though. I might part it out.:( Though I'm really close to selling the mustang and getting another Z. I loved that car. I want a turbo Z though. :shrug:

Sorry to hear about the accident and glad you are fine. Unfortunately, you are still at fault, no matter what the person in front of you did. They have the right to slam on the brakes for what they see as a danger or problem and it is your responsibility to leave enough stopping distance. When you drive an older car that doesn't have modern brakes, you have to give yourself a bit of extra distance and slow down a bit more. I know I leave lots of extra space when I'm driving the 88 because the brakes are just sad and pathetic. :(

If the other guy was driving with an expired liscence, he probably got a ticket too. Just because he wasn't found to be at fault in the accident, it doesn't relieve him of the responsibility to maintain his liscence.