Need some help finding this bolt

I stripped one of these bastages. Now I have an exhaust leak. The pic shown is not the actual one but, I do need one of those bolts. Anyone know if ford makes a replacement? Thanks for any help.

manifoldboltbc4.jpg

Attachments

• manifoldboltbc4.jpg
    manifoldboltbc4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 43
  • Sponsors (?)

this is the point where i would consider after market headers just because you are going to have to pull that manifold off to replace that stud. i heard you have to lift the motor up or out to get to those. A Ford dealer would have that stud though. search online for the number before going to the dealer though, some times they take forever to find your part in their computer.

the stud from ford is about $12. If you can get the car in the air use a 6point deep socket and a long extension and breaker bar you should be able to replace it.
You should not have to remove the manifold but it will be useful to have an impact gun because it is in there tight.

Dwayne

46gtsblown said:
the stud from ford is about $12. If you can get the car in the air use a 6point deep socket and a long extension and breaker bar you should be able to replace it.
You should not have to remove the manifold but it will be useful to have an impact gun because it is in there tight.

Dwayne

Thats what I was thinking cause I was taking the nut that was stuck on it and the stud was moving. Where would the 6 point deep socket go around? I was using a cresent wrench to loosen it but it was taking forever.

Just take it to a muffler shop and have them fix it for you for cheap. Often exhaust work is not worth the f'n hassle that you can pay to have it done. I bet you could get that fixed for $35 at a muffler shop.

Kilgore Trout said:
Just take it to a muffler shop and have them fix it for you for cheap. Often exhaust work is not worth the f'n hassle that you can pay to have it done. I bet you could get that fixed for $35 at a muffler shop.

I found the stud, but I have to buy the manifold gasket kit to get them. I guess I might as well do it. It comes with 4 new studs and nuts to match.

Part#:M-9448-A462*

m9448a462jf0.jpg

Attachments

• m9448a462jf0.jpg
    m9448a462jf0.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 34
I had this same problem when i swithed to my xpipe. All i have say is be careful. I used a snapon stud extractor and lots of pb blaster. One came out easy the other side did not. I ended up breaking it off with nothing for the extractor to grab on to. Long story short i had to take the manifold off and take it to the machine shop.