Need some serious HELP!!!!! ASAP........

kosmos

Dec 15, 2008
I've been running the bbk adjustable clutch cable, and gripp qaudrant it came with, their cables are poor design, and had some problems with it so I ordered a NEW STEEDA adjustable cable and it doesnt fit the GRIPP qaudrant???!!

I looked under my dash at my current setup and it is suppose to fit snugg under the teeth but the STEEDA cable has a bigger bushing?!

heres pics of what im talking about

View attachment 257095

View attachment 257096

View attachment 257097

SO im thinking maybe the STEEDA double hook quad has lower cut into the qaud heres picture of the steeda double hook

View attachment 257098

I thought all qauds would work with all cables but i guess im wrong, from eyes on view it looks like my bbk cable bushing isnt as big as the steeda's so thats why it fits the gripp qaudrant snugg and under the teeth *NO GAPS*...... hell if i know just someone please tell me what do to, Im going to use the steeda cable no matter what *WITHOUT FIREWALL ADJUSTER* i hate them... I just need to know basically if the steeda qaudrant will work or be the same as the gripp>?!

• Sponsors (?)

Im wondering if the steeda qaudrant has a deeper slot which would make it go under the teeth vs. the bbk qaud i originally had. I mean it is a steeda cable after all i dont know why they'd make something that has to be grinded down that would be dumb, I just thought that all qauds would work with all adjustable cables guess i was wrong

well the steeda comes with a spacer so your qaudrant doesnt slide side to side under the dash, the gripp qaud I have didnt come with this spacer to keep it aligned which im thinking is the reason 3 months ago my cable came off the end of the qaud because the cable might of hung on the carpet, if your qaud moves to far to the left the cable can touch the carpet up under the dash, ford has a cutout part that is aligned with the firewall hole, so if it moves it can rubb, so i think i need to buy that steeda cable and reinstall

i just cut the factory quadrant.. I has a small spacer on one side of it and it worked perfectly. I put the quad (gripp) on first the the spacer held by the cotter pin. No alignment issues what so ever. (with a lrs adj cable)