Need Suggestions On Drag Wheels

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Wanting to buy a rear wheel setup for the track. Not going to do the whole "Drag Radial as a street tire" thing anymore. Bought the 615's for the street/cobra wheels.

Now I'm looking for a set of wheels for the rear that look halfway decent and are light weight. Post up some of the wheels you like; Centerline, Bogarts, etc.

Here are the ones I'm looking at right now:

Race Star Industries - Badass wheel for the money, waiting to hear back if they'll clear Cobra brakes. Might do the mods to run 15" wheel if these turn out good, they're cheap and look decent $188 new
9262009_045.jpg

Billet Specialties Street Lites - Love these and everyone else does as well, they are they new Weld Draglite(everyone has them)
100_6671a.jpg

Bogart D-10 - My favorite but also the most expensive
Newpicofmycarbackside.jpg

Centerline Telstars - Not bad but haven't looked at them in person that I can remember...not sure really
telstar3.jpg

Looking to buy by the end of the week end. Open to suggestions as well, I've never looked much at drag wheels.

Thanks in advance. Really leaning towards the Race Star Industries at this time, can't beat them for the money really.

• Sponsors (?)

You might as well do front wheels also (you want weight off the front end)
my vote is welds, yes everyone has them, but there's a reason for it

Guess I'm not getting the racestars either, after being told by the seller they fit I learned they are basically renamed Greg Weld wheels. I searched and everyone said they don't fit Cobra brakes.

I don't understand why it's so hard to get info out of the fox community anymore. If it's not about what exhaust is the loudest or what's the biggest hood/tach I can fit no one wants to reply.

I just need to buy some 16" drag wheels and not worry about it anymore. This car is driving me nuts.

I'm not.

If you think I'm joking then just scroll down through the threads and find the ones with real technical questions, look at the number of replies then find a basic exhaust/hood/tach thread then look at the number of replies.

Most everyone in the mustang community want to build cars that drive/handle like crap just to gain .03 in the 1320. I even had one guy on Corral tell me to take my cobra brakes off for GT units so I could fit 15" wheels on the back easier.

RIGHT.

Can't help you on the brakes. Had the Telstars twice and loved them, sux that the price has went up so much. I paid like $140 or so for mine a few years ago. I had no idea about the Race Star Industries and the good price, I like them a lot and the Bogarts have always been my wish I was rich and I would get em wheels.

When are you going to take off the cobra brakes? :stick:

Most everyone in the mustang community want to build cars that drive/handle like crap just to gain .03 in the 1320. I even had one guy on Corral tell me to take my cobra brakes off for GT units so I could fit 15" wheels on the back easier.

RIGHT.

Yea well that was me in that thread on corral, i switched from cobras to GT's and noticed no difference in braking at all, the only difference between cobra and GT brakes is the rotor is 1" bigger and the cobras vented.

You asked on corral if anyones used Billet Specialties with cobra brakes, and i said i tried it and it didnt work. I was just offering a suggestion, from my own experience and it wasnt about a tach/hood/exhaust but you didnt like the answer i guess.

Mabye next time i should tell you to go **** yourself instead.

Good luck with whatever wheel you choose, but your gonna have to grind enough material off those pretty cobra calipers to make yourself cry

Yea well that was me in that thread on corral, i switched from cobras to GT's and noticed no difference in braking at all, the only difference between cobra and GT brakes is the rotor is 1" bigger and the cobras vented.

You asked on corral if anyones used Billet Specialties with cobra brakes, and i said i tried it and it didnt work. I was just offering a suggestion, from my own experience and it wasnt about a tach/hood/exhaust but you didnt like the answer i guess.

Good luck with whatever wheel you choose, but your gonna have to grind enough material off those pretty cobra calipers to make yourself cry

:rlaugh:
Awesome!

:rlaugh: Dude you could of told me to go fock myself if you wanted...I would of looked at either reply the same way.

You don't have to grind too much off the Cobra calipers for the Prostars.
MTDR.jpg

Damn tire is just too big though.:notnice: