Need Tire Help Fast

Hey guys one of my friends has an internship at Yokohoma and i can get pretty good deals on their tire through him for about 2 more weeks so i need your help fast. I have 17x9 wheels and currently have 255/55's all the way around. I have read on here that 275 is as big as i can "safely" go on the 9 inch rim. So i have decided on 275/40's on the rear. Now my first question is what front size should i get, im thinking going back to the 245/45's as stock but any suggestions would be appreciated. My second question is how much will my speedo be off from the stock 245's to the 275's i want to purchase. My final question is has anyone had the AVS ES100's? These are the tires i want and think they should be fine. Thanks for your help. I need it fast.

B

• Sponsors (?)

People run 275 Nittos on 8" rims all the time. You can go larger on a 9". I'm going 285 or possibly 295 on my 18x9s next time. You have more sidewall than me so you'd probably handle 295s better. The big issue is that different manufacturers tires seem to be so different in width...

Calculate or look up the tire diameter or circumference (either one). The difference between those and the stock numbers will tell you how the speedo will do.

I wouldnt like less than 265 on a 9" rim. I'll go 275 up front next time.

I will get lots of hate mail for this, but 275's are too dam wide for the front.

Call tire rack with the details on your rims. They will tell you how wide you can go. I think 295's are too wide for the 9 inch rims, though. Also, you like the ES 100's so you have to keep in mind what sizes they are available.

That is a great choice for a tire.

I think 245's or 255's in front with 275's in back would look great. I would prefer the 255's with the 9 inch rim.