Need to repaint accessory brackets, need opinions

I wanted the same look you're going for when I did one of my engine bays.
I used satin black for the engine bay and Cast Blast for the block, heads, lower intake and all the accessories. Gloss black for the upper intake.
This is how it turned out.

145675390_Vz86L-L.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Eastwood makes a spray can to match just about every metal finish known to man I have used with great results if you want factory look. Otherwise, any ole' satin silver. Were not exactly talking about cars here that will be judged in concours at Pebble Beach.

I was thinking about this and i may just strip the paint off and try to clean them as well as i can and leave them bare aluminum, maybe sand them down some or something. I think as long as they're clean and not all greasy they'll look good and give me the look i'm going for. I'll post pics when i get around to doing something.

ive been using aluminum-colored engine paint on my cas aluminum brackets after a thorough cleaning. even after degreaser and carb cleaner theres still a lot of staining in the pits of the aluminum that looks fugly. still need to pull my p/s pump apart and paint its bracket, as well as the air pump. gives a good clean look witout being flashy.

See that's why i was thinking about powdercoating them. There's a guy on our local forum who just bought a huge oven and he's doing some really nice powdercoat work on the side. I want something that'll hold up and stand up to some cleaning solvents. I got rid of the polished valve cover look because this car is gonna stay low maintenance.

I have a mix of cleaned up aluminum and chrome, didn't have a plan it just eventually came together that way

LylA0C2qLzpGYvW1N9I7aDKUz2H2Pj2q_xFWlefLSaQMKGG8KFMwfXl673crCikyqhrgbYnLWwxds9_XqI=w1704-h958-no.jpg
nice looks good man. I tell you after seeing images of those guys who have cleaned up engine bays with the wires hid in the fenders and a lot of stuff deleted, damn it looks good :)

I don't want to do all of that putting wires in the fenders and such but surely want to clean it up as much as possible.

what size is that bbk pipe and do you know what size the standard cold air pipes are?

Reactions: 1 user
nice looks good man. I tell you after seeing images of those guys who have cleaned up engine bays with the wires hid in the fenders and a lot of stuff deleted, damn it looks good :)

I don't want to do all of that putting wires in the fenders and such but surely want to clean it up as much as possible.

what size is that bbk pipe and do you know what size the standard cold air pipes are?

I don't know what size the pipe is, its the standard BBK, bought it a long time ago, what I do know is with my new 75mm TB it's under sized and I probably need to figure out what to replace it with eventually.

I don't know what size the pipe is, its the standard BBK, bought it a long time ago, what I do know is with my new 75mm TB it's under sized and I probably need to figure out what to replace it with eventually.
cool sounds good. I'm going to go with the Anderson 4 inch. I think the Anderson fox one is 3.5 inches. Have to call them and ask. I wonder from 3.5 inches to 4 inches is it really a difference