New 03 Owner here

SSinfull

Founding Member
Oct 19, 2000
Everett Washington
First is there anything I can do to get rid of the freaking wheel hop besides swaping out the rear end?

Secondly, should I go long tubes or mid length headers? Clearance issues?

How much weight should I shave with Full Exhaust if any?

And lastly, if I was to do full exhaust, CAI, TB, Diablo, where should I be at the wheels?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

SSinfull said:
First is there anything I can do to get rid of the freaking wheel hop besides swaping out the rear end?
Yes, but it won't eliminate 100% of the hop. In no specific order you can:
1. Replace shocks with an adjustable set that offers higher rebound dampening. QA1 or HBH (Horsepower by Herman) are both good choices.
2. Replace stock IRS bushings with a set of polyurethane bushings.
3. Get some sticky tires.
4. Stay away from cold pavement.
Secondly, should I go long tubes or mid length headers? Clearance issues?
Yes the LT's have clearence issues depending on whether your still at stock ride height. Forget about ever lowering the car if you decide to go with the LT's. Both the LT's and the mid-lengths are expensive and they will not give you a lot of added horsepower or torque unless you are running more than just the basic mods. They are expensive to purchase and expensive to install. Save your money for a Whipple or a KB...
How much weight should I shave with Full Exhaust if any?
Well you won't save much over the stock H pipe and cat back system because the OEM parts are stainless steel just like their aftermarket replacements. I did shave a couple pounds going from the OEM manifolds to the JBA shortys.
And lastly, if I was to do full exhaust, CAI, TB, Diablo, where should I be at the wheels?
Thanks
I would say anywhere between 415-440 RWHP (Dynojet) depending on the tune. I suggest you forget about the TB for now, you won't get any additional HP or TQ out of it. You also said "Diablo", are you talking about one of their chips or their Predator Performance tune? One is warranty friendly and one isn't... They both can provide the same level of tune in the end though.

U.M.