New 1/4 mile times, should I be pissed or happy or what?

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
I ran a 13.07 at 110.81 with the mods listed below, i was hoping for at least a 12.9 but i was close, im pretty pleased with 110.81. My boost guage was reading 6 lbs with a 9lb pulley and the needle starting shaking which i think indicates belt slippage. please note the heads are not on yet, i was hoping for 12's without them. but heres a quick run down of the slip

60 ft. 1.88
1/8th 8.49 @ 85.01 mph
1/4 mile 13.07 at 110.81

Does she have 12's in her?

• Sponsors (?)

it has 12s for sure just get the 60' down.

i knew a guy who ran a STOCK engine, with a 5lb vortech and a 5 speed, with gears and drag radial and some small suspension stuff he managed 12.80s @ 106 with a 1.7 60'

seeing how u have alot more mods than stock just work on fine tuning it.

its about a 40 mile trip to the track. It was running hot tonight, above 200 and i couldnt get it to cool down much, i tried waiting for an hour i couldnt take it anymore had to run. Temps were in the low 80s here today, not bad but coulda been colder, i think its supposed to be in the 60s next week so ill try it again. Im so freakin close, and im not ready to do heads yet, i need money for some good gaskets and a b-21 cam. I didnt think 1.88 60ft was bad either but it still feels like its boggin a bit of the line with this et streets that hook like a gem, ill tryin launching higher and maybe bumper some timing by a degree or 2. its set at 14 and i dont hear detonation.

its about a 40 mile trip to the track. It was running hot tonight, above 200 and i couldnt get it to cool down much, i tried waiting for an hour i couldnt take it anymore had to run. Temps were in the low 80s here today, not bad but coulda been colder, i think its supposed to be in the 60s next week so ill try it again. Im so freakin close, and im not ready to do heads yet, i need money for some good gaskets and a b-21 cam. I didnt think 1.88 60ft was bad either but it still feels like its boggin a bit of the line with this et streets that hook like a gem, ill tryin launching higher and maybe bumper some timing by a degree or 2. its set at 14 and i dont hear detonation.

1st, the 80 deg temp hurt your trap. 2. on et streets you should be launching like a bat outa hell, either launch higher or add some tire pressure so you dont bog off the line and kill your 60'. Other than that, great runs:nice: Your a hella lot faster than my POS:D

With those traps you should be in the 12's....like mentioned before, play with the tire pressure so you can launch and still get down the track good with out any bogging.

How many passes have you made, I know the more i go and get used to a new setup the faster i get.

A good cool fall afternoon and those times will dip into the 12s easilly. You could hook up a small shot of nitrous ( 25-50 hp shot ) to act as an aftercooling effect for summer temps. Great times nonetheless.

Dont be discouraged. The first time out with a new combo you will never run the best time... Out GT40P motor went 12.9-13.0 @ 105 the first time out. A few tweaks and learning what it liked and we had that same set up going 12.1 @ 110. My combo also went 13.0-13.1 @ 103 first time out, and after another trip or two was in the 12.5-12.6s!

You have the mph for it, and even the 60' isnt terrible. Drop that down into the 1.7s and you got an easy 12.7-12.8 in it!

I ran a 13.07 at 110.81 with the mods listed below, i was hoping for at least a 12.9 but i was close, im pretty pleased with 110.81. My boost guage was reading 6 lbs with a 9lb pulley and the needle starting shaking which i think indicates belt slippage. please note the heads are not on yet, i was hoping for 12's without them. but heres a quick run down of the slip

60 ft. 1.88
1/8th 8.49 @ 85.01 mph
1/4 mile 13.07 at 110.81

Does she have 12's in her?

To answer your question I'd be pissed that I missed the 12 second mark by 8 tenths of a second!! Nice times though! I remember when it was a 14 second slug!:D

Well thanks for the compliments and the tips guys. I do often forget its my 1st time out this year with a new setup, but still woulda loved to had 12's. I missed alot of shifts last night, i was trying to shift way to fast,. I def. need to go back play with launch rpm, tire pressure and shift points, im shifting at about 5300 and im thinkin maybe a bit higher next time.

Well thanks for the compliments and the tips guys. I do often forget its my 1st time out this year with a new setup, but still woulda loved to had 12's. I missed alot of shifts last night, i was trying to shift way to fast,. I def. need to go back play with launch rpm, tire pressure and shift points, im shifting at about 5300 and im thinkin maybe a bit higher next time.

Its "all" in the launch! A 5 grand hole shot will get you those 12's!!:nice: