New 3.8L Stang Owner

IslandBlueStang

Apr 20, 2004
So I had a 1988 5.0L, got hit by a idiot running a red. Completley destroyed my passenger side. Now I just purchased a 2002 3.8L Stang with only 9,000km (crazy). I gonna fix up the 88 5.0 over sometime. Im dropping in my brand new rebuilt 351-W, but for now I was wondering what the first couple of mods should be on the V6. Ive heard exhaust is usually the first, CAI, whatever. If exhaust which brand and setup. True Duel exhaust, Flowmaster 40's, um H pipe. Any and every suggestion is greatly appreciated. I was just curious to see who did what to their V6's first...

Thanks so much

• Sponsors (?)

98StangRidah said:
You can do a lot to the six, it depends on how far you want to go. So, how far do you want got go?

Id like to go eventually to a charger, but for now just some good bang for your buck mods... I want it to sound more V8ish, if possible... with better low end torque. Suggestions ? Underdrive Pulleys ?

99 up v6 in manual runs 15.5s compared to most 5.0s that are in the 15.0s foxes are of course faster than SN95 versions.

you can go as fast as you want the fastest i have seen to date is 11.8 but you can do better if you want to invest time/money to do it, the 11.8 was done rather easy... powerdyne and 4.2 block just bolt ons and this and thats for the boost. there are quite a few 500hp v6's out there if you only want a few bolt ons i would do exhaust/cai/underdrive pulley/rear end gears and tlok unit.

IslandBlueStang said:
So I had a 1988 5.0L, got hit by a idiot running a red. Completley destroyed my passenger side. Now I just purchased a 2002 3.8L Stang with only 9,000km (crazy). I gonna fix up the 88 5.0 over sometime. Im dropping in my brand new rebuilt 351-W, but for now I was wondering what the first couple of mods should be on the V6. Ive heard exhaust is usually the first, CAI, whatever. If exhaust which brand and setup. True Duel exhaust, Flowmaster 40's, um H pipe. Any and every suggestion is greatly appreciated. I was just curious to see who did what to their V6's first...

Thanks so much

if you get a dual exhaust then get a CAI first. Without it the car will sound ricey as hell.