New 5.0

new 5.0 discussion

• In the 5.0 talk area!

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • In the 2005-2011 talk area!

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay so today Im a little bored and started wondering something.
When the new 5.0 comes out, where are the discussion threads going to be posted?
Its a 5.0 so it should be here but its a 2011 so it could be over there.

I would like to be the first to claim it for the 5.0 people

• Sponsors (?)

I think it needs its own section. The fact that it is a 5.0 liter is about where the similarities end compared to our beloved 5.0's. It's also a def improvement over the 4.6. I see this as the next step engine evolution and aftermarket will defiantly be unique.

No way does it belong here. What needs to happen is they need to rename the "5.0" forums to "Fox Talk/Tech", and the new 5.0 can get its own forum named "2011+ S197". I think naming forums after engine displacement is becoming obsolete.

But aren't we the original "5.0" movement?

Yes, but instead of fighting over who gets to use "5.0" in their forum name, we need to come to a compromise and go by body style, not displacement. Well, in my opinion at least. Either way, the new 5.0 needs its own forum, it doesn't make any sense to jumble it in with us. It has even less in common with us than the 351W has in common with the 351C.

I'm sure SN Management already has something is the works, so we'll have to see what happens.