New 92 Gt Aod Help!!!!!

I have just brought a 92 gt clean as ever besides small dings in the hood. It only has bbk CAI and ford racing wires. My goal is to make it in the 7s at the 1/8th mile strip. I have just recently got a mac o/r hpipe with spintech dumps. I seriously hate how the auto drives from being used to a t5. what would be best to do for the aod I hear a converter,manual valve body,cooler,shift kit and shifter and of course gears. would it be cheaper to swap the t5? And please how do i get rid of the loud fan sound at high rpm???

• Sponsors (?)

ok cool my 90 lx didnt make that fan sound when I had electric fans. But yea I dont drive far often the drag strip is a bout 25 miles from home so the C4 should be fine and what is the best shifter to replace the ugly stock one?

ok cool my 90 lx didnt make that fan sound when I had electric fans. But yea I dont drive far often the drag strip is a bout 25 miles from home so the C4 should be fine and what is the best shifter to replace the ugly stock one?
When i was running my C4 i used a Hurst quarter stick. It looks oh so nice tucked down in the factory console. Easy to use also. When you take off in first just push it up to second and squeeze the handle and push up once more for third. If you swap to a C4 you will have to change to a 157 tooth flywheel. Also you will have to swap the tranny lines and run a vacuum line down to the valve on the side of the transmission. The AOD crossmember will work but you will have to fab up an extension because the C4 is a hair shorter. Ive actually seen now you can buy an adjustable crossmember just for this. I would put a C4 in my notch if I didnt live out in the sticks 30 min away from everything. I sure miss cruising through town and everytime i shifted into secound it would bark the shiz out of the tires no matter how fast I was going. The C4 and 3:73 make a hell of a combo.

sounds like it will be awesome! but gettin it to hook will be 1st on the list. I just need a parts list and start checkin off. upper and lowers springs struts trac lock tires gears. Lakewood is all i know not to sure about those things as in set up

sounds like it will be awesome! but gettin it to hook will be 1st on the list. I just need a parts list and start checkin off. upper and lowers springs struts trac lock tires gears. Lakewood is all i know not to sure about those things as in set up
Back in the day when i built my GT all I used was a set of lakewood front struts and the rest of the suspension was stock. I removed the quad shocks and got a set of 26.0 MT E.T. street slicks and it hooked like a champ.