New appearance mod, if you have the bullet gas cover, check this out.

aj1025

Jul 4, 2003
Tyler Texas
I just got the idea last night that my bullit gas cover door needed something, kind of like the old mustangs had the mustang emblem on the gas cover. So what i did was go to the ford parts house and asked if they had a v-6 mustang passenger side fender emblem, luckily they did. The emblem has adhesive tape on the back plus two prongs that stick out. I measured the horse overall lemgth and fuel door overall length and found the center and mark the position. I put two dabs of white out on the prongs, and then put the horse emblem against the gas cover lid to mark the spots that i had to drill so i could put the emblem flush against the gas lid cover. Man i wish i had a digital camera, this looks so gooooooooood, i'm surprised that somebody doesn't sell these. The emblem only cost me $12.95. Very cheap appearance mod. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry guys about all the questions but i just got home from work, i work 3-11p.m. Anyways sorry about not having any pics, but this mod looks sweeeeeeetttt!!!! Very easy to do, you just have to make sure you drill you hole or holes correct. I drilled just one hole through the gas cap cover. On the emblem there are two different size tabs that stick out, i broke off the small one on purpose and filed it down smooth. The only hole i drilled was for the big tab. Once you drill the hole put the emblem tab through the hole still with the protective backing on the emblem and just get an idea where you want the emblem. Then pull the emblem back out and pull off the protective adhesive tape, now the tricky part, when placing the emblem on the gas cover lid, you have only one chance to get it right, once stuck, it's not coming back off. I hope this gives more of an idea. I made sure to get the right hand side horse emblem, that way the horse is running towards the front of the car. :D

Yeah get a pic when you can I dont know if I will do it because I like the clean look of my car. Mine is black with green pearl in the base coat and i love the contrast of the bullitt door.