New Bullit?

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by '02~'vert~GT, Nov 14, 2003.

1. golf4283

golf4283 Active Member

haha, no offense but that sounds corny. sorry to make fun.

2. 94_302

94_302 Founding Member

Yeah but most of hollywood is corny :p

3. golf4283

golf4283 Active Member

so true

4. i4power

i4power Founding Member

No thanks on the Bullitt remake. I honestly didn't think the chase was that good. The cars sounded great though. :nice: The remake of Gone In 60 Seconds wsa damn good; it's my favorite car movie. Great chase scenes in the movie too.

5. Reimann

Reimann Puss > me

OMG!!! I actually agree with STVdriver on something!

So the guy that they thought they were protecting hired a double to play him, who then stupidly opened the door and got himself kill so Bullit then goes out and kills the real guy they were suppose to be protecting. You know, if there is a remake of this I hope they get it right this time. The chase scene in it was ok but how many hub caps did that damn Charger have? I think it lost 7 of them during the chase. And Steve McQueen needed smiling lessons.

6. vyto2

vyto2 New Member

I just hope they don't use brad pitt, the guy from the bmw films looks more the part for me. Hell, even matt damon looks more the part than brad pitt... :p

7. Bullett003

Bullett003 Founding Member

I think a remake of this movie would be cool. You gotta think... back in the day, when the original was made, they didn't have the special effects and stuff like us so back then.... that was the $hit. With todays advanced technology, that movie would be awesome... they need to add a naked chic scene though. :nice: Besides... we are Mustang people right? We should support anything Stang related... who ever made a movie about a crapmaro?

8. GelatiCruiser

GelatiCruiser Founding Member

It was good back in the day because it was a bare bones chase scene....the effects were cheesy, but the cahse scene was crush. If they remade it now, Hollywood would make it look like a chase scene from Speed meets the Matrix Reloaded. It would be good, but it would be way overproduced. Just leave a classic cult film alone. Besides it was a crappy movie save for the chase scene.

9. HtownGT

HtownGT New Member

well if they use a bullit on the 05 mustang, they better have something better than a 281. the 5.4 331 atleast. especially if yall want it to go up with a viper. but i think it should be a rice burner. the bad guy should drive a rice burner so finally the domestics willg et a lil more respect again. i mean in 2 fast 2 furious they did but it was very little then a stupid mitsubishi beat them. wtf a yanko and a charger got beat buy a mitsubishi. not very likely. especially with a race like that wher eu need torque on the turns. sorry to rant, i still hate that part, except when teh dude revs and makes teh shrinking sign with his hands. :D

10. TireSmoknWindsr

TireSmoknWindsr Founding Member

I have to ask this again...why on earth do you want such a short chase scene?

11. Snydaleid

Snydaleid New Member

The chase scene in the original is way overrated. If it's been a while since you've seen it, watch it again. You'll notice it's the same footage just shot at different angles. :notnice:

12. JaysGreenLX

JaysGreenLX Founding Member

Thats funny because I watched this movie just recently and I actually did fall asleep.

13. GelatiCruiser

GelatiCruiser Founding Member

Not surprising at all. I watched the DVD so you can just skip right through the tripe to the car chase.

14. JaysGreenLX

JaysGreenLX Founding Member

I'm really not sure whats worse. The movies from the 60's and 70's or the movies today????

15. exhausted

exhausted Founding Member

I think a new bullitt based on the 2005 model and a new movie would be cool. Who cares if its good or not, a mustang is in it! This might dissapoint the 2001 bullitt buyers since their bullitt would not have its own movie :(

16. 6Stang7

6Stang7 New Member

:stupid:

Here it is for anyone who hasn't seen it, or if you just wanna see it again. :nice:
    http://www.themustangsource.com/bullitt/bullitt.avi

-Shaun

17. eric n

eric n Founding Member

Absolutely Superman was created in 1933, there have been many takes on the character, some good, some with Richard Prior in them (though it wasn't Priors fault the flick sucked). I absolutely look forward to the new superman movie and currently dig the TV show SMALLVILLE.

All of that aside, Pitt is an "A" movie actor and if he redid bullit it would be done right. He's seldom been in a bad flick. Gotta get him a mustang! I'm sure Ford Product placement has someone on it right now.

18. Stangnut

Stangnut New Member

You have to put it into perspective.
    Back then car chases just weren't done like that.
    The shots they had from the driver's perspective and from mounting the camera low outside the car had never been done before.
    Not to mention the damn chase was 12 minutes long!
    Every cfar chase scene since then has Bullitt to thank. Especially the cheesy F&F movies, which are just posers building on what was done long before their time.

Jason

19. Ruffrider

Ruffrider Founding Member

I hope the use an actual Bullit mustang in th movie... actaully scratch that. I hope they use mustangs that are made to look like bullits because of the low production # of the Bullits, because you know whatever cars they use are gonna get jacked up.
    I'll be seeing this movie just for the mustang... just like I saw that one movie with the silver saleen in it... just for the car lol... plus my g/f dragged me to it :nonono:

20. SVTdriver

SVTdriver Founding Member

Maybe it's just me. But wouldn't using a mustang with the name on it be a bit cheesy.