New car (byby stang)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

i hope that thing is ballz out fast to make up for the way it looks.

Well as we all know from a stop I don't think I'd catch the stang, but from a roll, when I had the stang, he killed me every time, especially once he spooled up, by the time he hit second, I'd stop pulling, then by third he was side by side, and fouth he'd just keep pulling, badly, it used to piss me off really bad, but I guess I didnt' feel bad, with all the boost he was running.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge stang guy, but this car just fits my needs perfectly, and from a rolling start i'ts truly a lot of fun.
I won't bother racing mustangs with more work done, unless we started at like 100mph, that's where the Saab is very strong, and obviously in corners, just no chance for the stang.

But I mean, if you've ever been in a STI, it pulls kinda like that, but not quite as hard, I guess it's just so different, maybe I'm just so excited cause I've never even driven a turbocharged car, hearing the blow off valve is so much fun. But to be honest, I was as happy as I am now when I got my first stang, never experienced that kind of low end power and acceleration, instant passing ya know lol.
So in the end, it's fast, but still a touring car, I'm confident from a roll, cause he raped me so many times, but he's also a really good driver, he used to own and build mustangs too, that's why he did the trade, he wanted another one, and he's got skillz, he can fix the minor ding in the back(bumper and wing).

I tested it today, only by eye tho, but the 65 to 90 in third seemed a lot quicker than the stang was, but I realize turbo cars can feel much quicker than they are, at least for me, a boosted car always seemed to pull harder than a n/a of the same power, I dunno.
I love being able to rip around corners with it cause of the suspension, and two adults can fit in the back comfortable. But I think I'll miss banging gears and havin the ass around thrown around, ya just can't replace that kind of fun, as you all must know!

Only thing I don't like, is first and second gear are almost worthless, with the fwd and boost, it just spins straight up retarded if you're blasting through the gears.
The coolest part tho, sittin in fifth at 80, at like 3k where the boost is just starting to get strong, you can just genly press the gas and the speedo drops like crazy, pretty neat for a small engine.
Still not a mustang, but I guess I have a different kind of respect for a touring car that I never knew about, kinda makes me feel ignorant.

I think maybe if he hadn't smoked me and my friends 306 LX all the time (on the highway anyways hehe) it would have been harder to trade, I just couldn't believe that this saab was owning us over and over, and I'd like to think we're decent drivers, pretty much just running out fourth gear.

I'm gonna miss the drag strip, now days I'd only like to race from a roll, which would mean street racing, which I'm against, very much so, at least now days.

Well wish me luck with maintainence, thankfully tho when he did all the work under the hood, he did all gaskets, water pump, chains, I mean, everything, he may as well just rebuilt the entire engine, but I head the bottom end is bullet proof if you're not stupid, because I really need this car to last.

By reading your post, I'm gathering that your main motivation for the trade was: You liked the car to begin with, and you wanted something with better fuel economy. But seriously, you liked the stang anyway, and maintained its a pretty reliable car. I seriously doubt however a turbo car pushing 18psi will net you any noticable increase in fuel economy than your lightly modifed N/A stang. You seem to enjoy the boost, and realize that everytime you start hitting boost, your MPG is going to go down the toilet because it has to go crazy rich on the AFR.

I think you made a big mistake, but if it makes you happy have at it.

Your 1999 GT with 120k booked for 10k? I find that hard to believe.

I don't give much weight to the "Official" anniversary cars. 25, 35, 40th. They were just GT's or 6'ers with a $1,000 cosmetic upgrade package. I've seen people quoting values of $14K for a '99 with 70,000 miles on it. I don't get it. Then again, people say Mach's are just striped up GT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.