new carbon fiber drive shaft

• Sponsors (?)

StonePony said:
nobody has bought one because the aluminum shaft is only 19 pounds, is rated to 1000 HP and costs hundreds less.

Is there any company mass producing the aluminum driveshafts yet?? Or are they still hand-crafted and cost up around 900 bucks!?

I cant wait for FRPP to come up with a solution on this!

They're still pretty expensive, but PowerHouse has the aluminum ones in stock for $735 at www.powerhouse411.com . The Shelby GT 500 has an aluminum driveshaft, but I don't know who supplies them or whether FRPP will be offering them soon.

I have the PowerHouse driveshaft and it's a nice piece. It dropped right in with no problems, no vibration, and maybe made the GT a little more responsive. Hard to tell since I've never been on a dyno.

NorthwestGT said:
They're still pretty expensive, but PowerHouse has the aluminum ones in stock for $735 at www.powerhouse411.com . The Shelby GT 500 has an aluminum driveshaft, but I don't know who supplies them or whether FRPP will be offering them soon.

I have the PowerHouse driveshaft and it's a nice piece. It dropped right in with no problems, no vibration, and maybe made the GT a little more responsive. Hard to tell since I've never been on a dyno.

The GT500 shaft wont work anyhow, it's a different length.
Thanks for the info though :)

I remember on my '02 after the aluminum driveshaft, lightened pressure plate, and clutch it felt a lot stronger! So, you noticed a little seat-of-the-pants gain??
Good mods :nice:

I finally got around to getting my Ranger Drive shaft down to Advanced Driveline to have it shortened. I purchased this Driveshaft off of Ebay for $100.00 + $30 shipping. I then purchased the Cobra Pinion flange for $25.00. Well I dropped off the driveshaft and 2 days later they called me to say it was completed. The total cost for having it shortened 9 inches,Balanced and Trued was $80.00. I then looked to see what would be need for the install. I had to purchased a Harmonic Balancer puller($8.00),a quart of synthetic gear lube (just in case)($13.00)and 4 Flange Bolts ($11.00). I dropped the exhaust and the P.O.S stock shaft. Pulled off the stock pionion flange and the Gear oil can running out. I expected that and had a pan ready. Installed the Cobra pinion,torqued to to the correct specs. Spun the wheels to check the torque. Installed the aluminum shaft and refilled the 8.8 rear end.
The car does feel a little different. It feels lighter through the excelerator. I dropped 2 tenths at the track. Ran it up to 130mph with no vibration. A driveshaft loop will be installed by the weekend.

View attachment 443533
AlShaft2.jpg

Attachments

• AlShaft2.jpg
    AlShaft2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 92
Total length

What will the total length of the shaft be once cut down. I believe it is around 53.5" and at that length gives around 3/4 compression. Does this sound correct?...............Thanks