Mach 1 new chin spoiler

gforces

May 20, 2009
I own an 04 Mach 1. Due to the fact that I traded a Ranger 4X4 in on it, and due to the slowly learned lesson that curbs are alot higher with a chin spoiler, the spoiler looked like crap.

I checked out the Genuine Ford Parts sites and there were no spoilers to be found. In trepidation I ordered one from American Muscle. My fears were unfounded, as all holes lined up perfectly. The company supplies stainless steel nuts, bolts, and washers for installation, to replace the plastic factory clips.

2 complaints: (1). The spoiler is made of a glossy black plastic instead of the flat black factory finish. While it looks OK and I will never have to Armourall it, I think it will be easier to scratch, and the scratches will stand out more. (2). The company shorted me 3 bolts and 2 nuts. Luckily, I was able to scrounge some oddballs out of my tool box to finish the installation, and I didn't have to run out to Home Depot.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I got that suck ass shiny one also. I found out later that American Muscle supposedly sells both chin spoilers. The shiny ones and the ones that look like the factory stock ones, but you have to specify that you want the factory stock looking one.