new dd and some big an lil's..pics!

82CapriRS

Dec 3, 2004
New Jersey
So i sold the blue lx i had on friday for $1000 without the motor (its goin in my old capri)and picked up this 97 explorer sport for cheaper then i got the lx ($400). it was dirt cheap an i couldnt pass it up. it needs some cleaning bad!, oil pan gasket, a grill and a dent popped out in the passenger fender and a center console armrest pad. it has a sunroof, it works an doesnt leak and it is wayyy better on gas then the mustang. finally dont have to drive the car everywhere. heres a few pics of it as i bought it.

speakin of the car..i got a couple goodies for that too. just bought these centerline auto drag rims an mickey thompson tires. i found em on craigslist i got all 4 rims an tires (et streets on the back) for $180 lol. i drove to long island for them but i stole the gf's car for the day an it barely cost me $10 in gas. even if you count the tolls i still paid less then $200 for big an lils with really good tires. also just bought new plugs, wires, cap an rotor. and i think i need a new fuel pump. heres some pics of the wheels (dirty)

xmas279.jpg

xmas278.jpg

xmas280.jpg

xmas281.jpg

xmas282.jpg

xmas283.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Damn! $400 for that? You pretty much stole it, mang! :nice: Can't find one of those down here for less than $2,000, usually. Explorers always seem to hold their value better than the S-10 Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada. The two-door models are pretty hard to find, too.

yeah therehard to find. i search craigshelper.com for around my zipcode an find real good deals, more so now with the economy the way it is..people are losing jobs left an right. it sucks but you can find good deals.

the bad part is that the motor is tapping from the top. not sure what it is yet. but even if the motor is blown i can get a motor thats in a 99 with 48k miles an i can hear it run an drive it. the backend is gone, it was hit hard. even if i do a motor swap and get the new grill an armrest pad im still under $1000 for a 4wd good running an driving dd. sounded like a good idea to me lol. i was gonna post a vid of what the motor sounds like but didnt know if i could get away with that lol