New Dyno Numbers... Does this sound right

86Cobra said:
381 rwtq is impossible with your motor (VERY difficult with any NA 306). Also, 381 ft-lbs at 5100 rpm would equal 370 hp at 5100 rpm. :stick:

That is why I like this board so well you always get straight answers.
Looks like I am going to have it dynoed again at a different dyno shop. I thought that these numbers were off...

Thanks for the input... Will keep you all posted as to the next set of dyno numbers I get.

• Sponsors (?)

thats sweet, my best 1/4 is also 12.08 , but @ 119. My rwhp is 348/397rwtq. So, those numbers sound right. You must have a killer low end though, because your only running a 112mph trap. You should be above 116. Sounds pretty good for numbers to me

powershift351 said:
thats sweet, my best 1/4 is also 12.08 , but @ 119. My rwhp is 348/397rwtq. So, those numbers sound right. You must have a killer low end though, because your only running a 112mph trap. You should be above 116. Sounds pretty good for numbers to me

Trap speed relates to horsepower. ET doesn't directly correlate to horsepower because it's highly dependent on traction.

His 60' time is probably far better than yours. You can vary your 60 foot by several tenths and drastically affect your et but your trap speed won't change much.

86Cobra said:
Trap speed relates to horsepower. ET doesn't directly correlate to horsepower because it's highly dependent on traction.

His 60' time is probably far better than yours. You can vary your 60 foot by several tenths and drastically affect your et but your trap speed won't change much.

I don't know, my 60' time is 1.89

powershift351 said:
I don't know, my 60' time is 1.89
1.89 sixty foot on a low 12 really sucks. All I'm saying is with traction you could drop anywhere fron 3-6 tenths off your ET still.Every tenth in your 60 foot will usually net 2 tenths in the 1/4. Hard to believe some times but I Know 119mph is way faster than a 12.08. As for 112mph @12.08 thats about right on the money for an N/A car with 1.5-1.6 60'