New dyno numbers

I put down 402hp/343tq last summer in the heat and had the car dynoed Saturday in cooler weather for the first pull it put down another 20hp can't remember the tq. Added a 3.33 pulley and ended the day with 452hp/374tq:D Got a few more mods planned for the coming months but I am happy with the hp for now but want to get the torque up.

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly, I would not push it any more. When they were building the Terminator they used thoes rods. At 400 engine HP they threw rods through 10 blocks before they gave up and went to Manley rods. The engines couldnt see 25 hours on the dyno when Ford mandates 300 hours switching between max hp and max tq.
Since you are pushing 140 more hp then that your block is on borrowed time. Once a rod goes through it that beautiful Teksid block becomes useless :(

That being said, AWESOME NUMBERS! :nice:

Those are some fantastic numbers with your setup. What are the planned mods?

However, I also agree with LaserSVT, with those numbers being a cause for concern. Interestingly enough, the pushrod guys were known for cracking blocks at around 450rwhp, and to address that problem, Ford put in an ungodly strong Teksid block (sweet!) on our Cobras. Unfortunately, they didn't seem to budget in better set of pistons and rods, which have a breaking point of right about where you are now.

It all really comes down to how you drive, how safe your tune is, and how often that engine sees some boost. You could very easily survive for quite some time, but the odds are sadly not in your favor.

Oh I know I am on borrowed time. I don't get into boost a great amount but plan on going to the track this summer to see what I can run. I have a T56 to go in and will likely leave the engine alone for awhile if it holds up. A forged bottom end is on the to do list but for now I am having fun with it.

Thanks for the offer^ I don't plan on putting it in this summer unless the T45 eats it at the track. I am still deciding on a clutch and long term goals for a built engine. I was happy at 400hp now 450hp so I'm thinking 600 - 650hp and I want a clutch capable of that goal:D