New dyno#s AFR/ FTI cam combo

5spd GT said:
svegt - That is my powerband (very well could be the same cam:))

Those power numbers are right on par with what you would get.

Any accessories deleted?

no this is with all the accesories ac/smog pump!!!! powerstreeing!!!!

yeah 94gt 30's might be to big but will eventually will spray the car

so thats why i have them!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

svegt said:
no this is with all the accesories ac/smog pump!!!! powerstreeing!!!!

yeah 94gt 30's might be to big but will eventually will spray the car

so thats why i have them!!!!

Yeah I think 30's are a bit big. I have them...there okay. The spray justiifies it though :nice:

I bet I have the same cam as you... :)

27 or 28lb injectors would be nice NA.

Good to see you again Frank. Your car and your CCW wheels have been gracing this board a lot lately too! I can't wait to see what you get with a tune in that thing! I also agree with Troy in that 30's are NO WHERE NEAR too big, I wish I had 30's in my car. Congrats!

I don't know what you mean Rob, he doesn't have any AF ratios yet. With the power he is capapble of making with his top end components (not including the spray) he is fine with 30's. The other nice thing is that since his top end parts are relatively large for a 302, he could easily put a stroker under them in the future and be OK with the 30's. On the spray there is no question that the 30's are the better choice seeing what he has already made NA.

JFYI- my dad's 302 cubic inch motor with holley heads, intake, and an FTI cam made 345+rwhp and it needed a TON of fuel added to it via a chip to get the AF dialed in... it needed something like 30% added to the fuel tables which is a LOT, and that was just to get it into the semi-safe zone. Each car is different but when you start making numbers such as he has, its better to add a little more injector to it. With 40lbs of FP he has plenty of fuel atomization. If this turns out to be too much fuel when he puts it on the dyno, he can cut the pulse widths down and maintain the higher fuel pressure to keep that spray pattern good since he plans to add a chip.

That's some nice power you're making there Frank. Your combo looks similar to where I am planning on going with mine.

A few questions:

What's your compression ratio?

Are you running a close ratio T56 or a wide ratio?

My evantual plans include a close ratio T56 and a 4.30 rear.

88GT460 said:
Dave, you should really go with a 75mm throttle body. :nice:

Lol... :rlaugh:

Man we almost go busted by the cops the other night (you know when you heard us racing the other night and you called). It was crazy. I beat the mach 1 5 lug converted 5.0L by about 7 cars by the time the cop came around the corner. :p

Killercanary said:
Good to see you again Frank. Your car and your CCW wheels have been gracing this board a lot lately too! I can't wait to see what you get with a tune in that thing! I also agree with Troy in that 30's are NO WHERE NEAR too big, I wish I had 30's in my car. Congrats!

hey thanks KC will have to try to check out those posts!!! yeah got to get it tuned here shortly wanna try to get it to run some 11's on motor!!!!!

yeah saw your dads car in the 5.0 book, awesome car and numbers !!! tell him congrats!!!!

hey illwood the compression is right around 9.7.1, 9.8.1 should have gone higher
but didn't!!! only thing i would do different next time!!

the t-56 is a close ratio with the .62 6th gear and 2.97 first!!!

thanks everyone for your feedback!!!