new here hi all!

78pinto

Mar 1, 2004
Ontario, Canada
i have a '78 Pinto....its not a Mustang II, but a very close relative. My car is powered by a fuel injected 351 Windsor, with a C5 tranny and a 9 inch rear with 4:10 gears. Hope you don't mind my presence on Stangnet! My webpage is www.redrocket.fordpinto.com

Attachments

• 351w_EFI.jpg
    351w_EFI.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 171
  • pinto 008.jpg
    pinto 008.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Sponsors (?)

thanks for the welcome guys! The C5 replaced the C4 in '83....it came in all vehicles. It is pretty much the same as a C4 but it had a lock up torque converter and the bell housing is a bit longer because the converter is longer. Internally parts interchange except for the valve body, pickup, and pan. I put a C4 bell on it and used a C4 2500 stall. I'm in St. Thomas Ontario. Yes, the plates are a nice touch eh, i get alot of comments about them! Jeff

COBRAIIW said:
Our cars get compared to yours, by the uninformed anyway,so welcome to our world! :banana:

They are the same underbody,and basic body structure, everything under your car....will fit mine! The only difference is the outside body panels, and some of them will even bolt on! I've seen pictures of Pintos with Mustang II front ends bolted on.

Welcome!

People always call my II a fancy Pinto, I always reply:
"Like that's a bad thing!".

64 1/2" -73 Mustang = Fancy Falcon
74-78 Mustang = Fancy Pinto
79-04 Mustang = Fancy Fairmont
05-? Poor man's Lincoln LS???

Best crack by classic Mustang guy:
"Can't Believe Ford Called a Pinto a Mach 1!"
My Reply "Who's car do think is quicker your Falcon or my Pinto?"
(He had a stock 70 351W Mach 1 Mustang, My II is highly modified with Nitrous)

Nice ride,Welcome,What`s your E.T. and Mph?? Must be in the 13`s :rolleyes: I always liked Pintos and Bobcats :nice: I also have to confess that in the X brand there`s a car I almost got...it was a Vega with a 350 :D Too much $$$ for the condition... :spot:

It ran a 12.7 at 106mph right off the trailer.....no time for tuning as racing started after one time trial! (it was a busy day at Grand Bend Motorplex) I have a set of world's windsor Sr. that have been ported, A F150 lightning lower (gt 40) and a '93 Cobra upper that have been extrude honed, a 75mm throttle body and 76mm mass air meter that i'll be putting on in the next few weeks. And i just bought a Comp .520 .526 lift cam that will be going in also. I should be well into the 11's this spring. Tonight i start putting in the tubular front suspension....and rebuild kit, should be fun!