New here w/ questions

Torcheds197

Feb 9, 2012
So I'm new to the forum but not the mustang world. Currently have an 87 5.0 and 05 GT both w/ full bolt ons. Have had 99 GT and a couple sixers.

A friend of mine is going through family troubles and needs to get rid of a car. The car is a 1998 mustang gt that they bought in 2001. They are the second owners of this car. Now for the bad. The car has been sitting for 6 months and has not been driven. There is a decent amount of damage to the passenger side door and rear quarter panel from a deer hitting the car. The windshield is cracked all the way across as well. Otherwise the car is in decent shape for the age.

The car is pretty nicely modded. Here's a list.

- C&L intake
- trick flow 75mm tb and plenum
- ford racing 9mm wires
- shift kit in auto trans
- lowered 1.5"
- 8.8" rebuild w/ 4.10s
- pioneer radio w/ aftermarket speakers/subs/amp
- 24# injectors
- a/f gauge
- Nos brand wet nitrous kit with purge
- sct tuner
- aftermarket headlights
- strut tower brace
- shorty headers, o/r h, flows dumped

The car currently will crank but not start. I believe that it may be the fuel pump but havent had the chance to look into it. She wants $2500 if the car is running or $1250 as it sits. If i can get it for $1250 and get it running then I am set. However if it is a more serious issue then would i at least be able to get my money back by parting the car out?

Thanks for help guys, not totally familiar with the sn-95 cars. I know to check the fuel relay behind the passenger tire, but if i fix it and get it started before i buy it i'll have to pay $1250 more. Worth the risk?

• Sponsors (?)

I would buy it not running, if I had the time and money. Worst case you can't get it running and part it out. Sounds like to me they have at least 1250 in performance stuff. Not to mention interior parts if their in good shape.