new intake just came

ECU5.0

Banned
Jan 10, 2004
raleigh, nc
new intake install problems

im pretty excited....i just got my cobra intake in the mail...i bought it used and it looks like its in really good shape...came with fuel rails and heater lines. but it didnt come with the bolts to hold the upper and lower together....does anyone know the size of these and where i can get them....also will the intake bolts from my stock lower work on the cobra lower? thanks

also...what gaskets am i going to need specifically when i install this. ive already got the lower manifold gasket that goes inbetween the lower intake and the heads. and can i get all this stuff from ford?

• Sponsors (?)

ECU5.0 said:
im pretty excited....i just got my cobra intake in the mail...i bought it used and it looks like its in really good shape...came with fuel rails and heater lines. but it didnt come with the bolts to hold the upper and lower together....does anyone know the size of these and where i can get them....also will the intake bolts from my stock lower work on the cobra lower? thanks

also...what gaskets am i going to need specifically when i install this. ive already got the lower manifold gasket that goes inbetween the lower intake and the heads. and can i get all this stuff from ford?

Ford will have the parts. Don't forget the gasket between the upper and lower. Just tell them what you have.

There is alot of places that sells the gaskets, etc...that you need...50resto.com, summitracing.com,...the Cobra isn't to bad of an Intake because you can port it later to match and future mods...

David

thanks guys...i figured ford would have everything i need. im having a friend gasket match my heads and im tryin to save enough money to get some new vavle springs and some 1.7 rockers. hopefully that will help the heads breath a little better to make some more hp.