New interior panels

After many attemps I finally got my panels painted and reinstalled. I was surprised at the shine from the clear coat. Paint matched the exterior perfect!

2012-04-28_15-59-06_458 (1024x576).jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I will say it was a pita to get paint/primer/adhesion promotor to stick. I made three attempts at it. The thirs try went as follows: Wet sanded with 320 all paint/adhesion promotor from previous tries lol. Washed all panels with thinner. Then used an aerosol plastic prep that removes the mold release agents. I used the cleaner a total of 5 times this last attempt. Third sprayed two light coats of bulldog adhesion promotor. I have heard mixed reviews of this step. Some said the product is for soft plastics like bumpers and some said I had to use it. Fourth I sprayed three light coats of grey primer. I just used normal automotive primer for this. Cheated and used heat gun to speed up dry time. Next went the color. I used one whole can to do all the pieces. Very light coats the first two, then I sprayed slightly heavier. The paint is a base coat/clear coat in aerosol can. Once again broke out the heat gun, then spayed three coats of clear. The clear is a 2 part urethane clear. Highly suggest wearing gloves haha. I didn't and ended up with a yellow and then clear coated hand. That stuff was tuff to get off. Ended up having a burning and tingle in my hand for a day. I bought all products from www.repaintsupply.com

List of products:
2part(2k), Spaymax urethane aerosol clear coat
B7, zinc yellow aersol base coat paint
SEM 38353, plastic and leather aersol prep
Klean Strip ETPO-123b Bulldog adhesion promotor
Automotive grey primer Local auto parts