New M/T Drag Radials = Major Wheel hop.

Hehehe. It's called porpoising. Time for stiffer shocks man. Mine did it really really bad. But that is a good thing. Means you are getting traction. I had to get adjustables from summit. I bought a pair of 50/50 and they weren't stiff enough. The ass end does this in the same theory as axle wrap. Once it wraps up and maxs out, it untwists and causes wheel hop right ? Well, when you squat real bad, the leafs are going to max out from the down force, then slam up or unload the weight from the back tires. While yours may not slam up, the rear coming back up is taking wieght off the rear. I never lost traction, but I guess it was because of ET streets as opposed to DR's. But mine was horrid. It was bounce up and down about 3-5 times before the 60 ft. When, or if you get the shocks, you want the shocks to be stiff enough to kinda time the amount of time it takes you to get out of the hole, with out maxing out the leafs, or even moving at all. Good Luck

How much preload did you have to put in to stop the hop ?

• Sponsors (?)

I think you are right about the weight.....it was the first time I ran with less than a 1/4 tank of gas which might of removed more weight off the back wheels. It now bounces forward so hard I missed a shift and went from first to third during the 60' launch. The instuctions said to put the driver side snubber in the back hole with about 3/8" gap and the pass side in the front hole with about 1/8" gap. It was the first time I read instructions that said "It would be wise to do this." What shocks are you running?