New motor mounts....

05 GT Stang

Apr 6, 2005
OK, i'm shopping for long tube headers and plan on replacing the motor mounts at the same time. My question is, which brand motor mounts did you guys buy when you put headers on your car? I was thinking about the BMR Prothane mounts.

• Sponsors (?)

What brand headers will you be installing? I didnt have to worry about my motor mounts when I put my Hookers in. I recently threw in some motor mounts, I think mostly because I was bored. :shrug: BMR doesnt make a seperate mount other than the built in one with their k-member, its just Prothane that they are selling for.

-Dan

05 GT Stang said:
OK, i'm shopping for long tube headers and plan on replacing the motor mounts at the same time. My question is, which brand motor mounts did you guys buy when you put headers on your car? I was thinking about the BMR Prothane mounts.

I'm running 11 lbs. boost with long tubes and have had no problems with the stock mounts so far. Justin Burcham told me to leave it alone unless I don't mind the engine resonating through the whole car.

They are liquid filled hydraulic motor mounts. Everyone assumes they are weak, but so far, I haven't heard one complaint. My car has just under 500rwhp and has been to the track only once. 4 or 5 runs in the elevens with a best 11.226 and I see no problem yet. That doesn't mean I won't have a problem next week, but if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it. I know I'm not. My biggest problem is I have a new clutch that won't allow speed shifting.