New Mustang Gt Owner In Nashville

Hi everyone!
I just bought a '99 Mustang GT convertible, and I don't really know much about mustangs yet.

Description:
Dark Green
Parchment top and leather interior
Original 17" wheels (245/45) tires
Premium sound
Heater on rear window
Leather seats

Mods:
Cross bracing under engine
Box tubing from front to rear on left and right
(I assume these are to stiffen the frame)
Stainless pedal assembly (Clutch and Brake pedals have GT on them) (Very slippery when wet)
LED headlight assemblies
Radio has been replaced (Still has original CD player under radio)
K&N intake
Exhaust (pretty loud, but has good deep sound)
New front lower A arms and anti-sway bar links

Issues:
Slight miss at idle; no miss under load (I'm thinking injectors leaking or bad spray pattern)
Top leaks around windows in rain (Probably needs new seals)
Odometer display is intermittent (I ordered a new headlight switch)
The speedometer appears to be faster than the car is going (I suspect the rear end has been changed)
Paint on hood has lost it's clear coat (I think the PO probably used a buffer to try to make it better)
I'm thinking about painting the hood and top of the fenders satin black.

Fixes:
I found that it had a misfire code on #8; I replaced the coil packs and the misfires are gone. I also bought a set of re-manufactured Bosch four-hole injectors. (The car had three different types of injectors when I bought it; four that sprayed and four that had streams) The car runs very smooth and strong now.

I found a post with a link to a F-150 forum that had directions on how to fix cold solder joints on the instrument panel. I tried it and now my odometer works all the time.

I broke the front hand brake cable and replaced all three rusted cables. I also removed the rust from the hand brake (soaked it in white vinegar for a few days and it looked like new) and painted it black. The only problem I had was that I had to ground the switch, so the convertible top motor would work. The parking brake still isn't great, so I'll need to get into the rear brakes to see why.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)