New PI intake for NPI heads available

MrE-Man said:
But I do agree that Livernois missed the boat on the pricing a bit and also by not just selling the plates. With just the plates, I could find a used PI intake and it would be cheaper than their kit most likely.
if they did that you could also use a Bullitt intake-which is approx 1/2 the cost of the FRPP/SVO piece.
JL

• Sponsors (?)

Check out my dyno numbers, and look at my mods. Tell me which part made the most power. :) For $100, the PI intake cant be beat. Oh yea, I am 20rwhp behind your claims, without PI cams, and without PI heads. Gotta love that. :nice:

98yellowstang said:
Its hard enough to mod these motors, I just don't see why you have to put yourself at a greater disadvantage.
I'll put it bluntly since you can't seem to see the painfuly obvious.
There is only one n/a 4.6L Tbird that is within 5 tenths of my 1/4 mile times,and he doesn't have PI heads.That's with equivalent mods.
Plain and simple. If that doens't help you see it maybe this will...
Out of the entire ET list that Bill Putnam is maintaining..if you put me in the '99-up list-I'm #36 out of 201.Now-if you remove the 6 tenths that my extra weight adds to my et,then I'm at #12 on that list..with only 2 automatic cars being quicker..and they're race-only cars.
Yeah...some disadvantage
JL

98yellowstang said:
Mr E.: And exactly how much are you going to have wrapped up into this package that you are just going to send off to renegade? I mean I realize that it can be done, some of us just don't agree with spending that much to put all of these components together.

Its hard enough to mod these motors, I just don't see why you have to put yourself at a greater disadvantage.

Not very much more than a good ported and polished PI headswap with a good set of cams.

And you are not putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Here's the point I was trying to make: For someone with a non-PI engine that is looking to go fast NA without spending very much money, then yes maybe the PI headswap is the way to go because of the bump in compression. But maybe for someone who would like a better-flowing set of heads for a blown non-PI w/o digging into the bottom end, then the non-PI's may be better for that application.

if they did that you could also use a Bullitt intake-which is approx 1/2 the cost of the FRPP/SVO piece.
JL

Another very good point. I hadn't even really thought about that. :nice:

98yellowstang said:
Mr E: well if you are stuck on the blown application they why not the route I took, an 01 complete engine. Installed myself for less total than only port work from renegade.

And then what would you have? Just a stock PI motor. To get that farther you would still have to pay for port-work, cams, etc.

I guess there is really no convincing you that there is a use for NPI heads.

Well I don't know about you but 390-400 at the ground with a stock motored Kenne Bell. Put some bolt ons on such as a full exhaust and few other breathing mods and you are 420+ Unless you are going to a full on race car I see no reason for ported heads on a blown car.

98yellowstang said:
Well I don't know about you but 390-400 at the ground with a stock motored Kenne Bell. Put some bolt ons on such as a full exhaust and few other breathing mods and you are 420+ Unless you are going to a full on race car I see no reason for ported heads on a blown car.

Yeah, there's really no reason for ported heads on a blown car... :rolleyes: