New pics of my car Finally got the rims put on!

• Sponsors (?)

After a long and struggling ordeal with my new rims I finally got them mounted correctly and I just got some pictures

top1.jpg

top2.jpg

topless1.jpg

topless2.jpg

Those look Awsome. I want the same style on my Mustang except I want black ones with the chrome edge.

Ive never seen those door protectors before, good idea though. I think they look nice on your ride, especially painted to match. I usually park in BFE when I drive my stang...no one respects anyone's car anymore...people just open up their doors and "bang"...dent.

Meh, i personally like it without... but i guess some need that added protection, i rarely need to park next to anyone except my friends =D And they would hate to open there doors into mine accidentaly, hurt there door too, so we all do it carefully =D

Door protectors

I have those door protectors too (and prefer the "cleaner" look without them---I would love to take them off but I'm unsure of how to do it.

Is this something I can do on my own? Any suggestions on how?

are you referring to the "rub rails" (as ford calls them)? If I take them off though, i'll have to worry about painting that section of my car. I hate them!!!! They stopped putting them on in the 2001 model year, but brought them back in 02. They suck!

The whole ordeal with the rims is I took them to Pep Boys to get the tires mounted, and I drove out 3 hours later and my car was vibrating so bad I felt like I had afreakin vibrating seat cushion! I drove it right back and they said that 2 rims were bent. I took it to a local auto shop (charge an arm and a leg but do a good job...but i figured hell they're tires..anyone can do that... WRONG) Anyway they took a look at them and said they werent mounted correctly, the high spots werent lines up on ANY of them, NOT EVEN CLOSE! Then they only balanced the inside of the wheel. There was nothing wrong with the rims.

oh and by the way, LsRedy2Kstang, how did you get your post in front of mine when i started the thread? lol.

Ghostalker said:
Meh, i personally like it without... but i guess some need that added protection, i rarely need to park next to anyone except my friends =D And they would hate to open there doors into mine accidentaly, hurt there door too, so we all do it carefully =D

I wish everyone was like that, I really do. But my stang is a daily driver so I still find myself parking in BFE. I work at Sam's part time and I won't park anywhere near the entrance. One of our managers who drives a 04 GT parked near the entrance. Eight hours later when he left for the day he noticed a 1 and a half inch ding in his driver door from a obviously red vehicle, due to the paint that rubbed off. As I walked by to my stang parked at the back of the lot...I just gave him a look that said..." I told you so...". Now he parks right next to me, :rolleyes:

ChingonStang said:
I wish everyone was like that, I really do. But my stang is a daily driver so I still find myself parking in BFE. I work at Sam's part time and I won't park anywhere near the entrance. One of our managers who drives a 04 GT parked near the entrance. Eight hours later when he left for the day he noticed a 1 and a half inch ding in his driver door from a obviously red vehicle, due to the paint that rubbed off. As I walked by to my stang parked at the back of the lot...I just gave him a look that said..." I told you so...". Now he parks right next to me, :rolleyes:

Yeah...I work at Home Depot and so when the store manager is working the same shift as I am, I park next to the curb and nobody can park facing me, then she parks next to me, and this other guy Ed parks facing her. Most employees know each others cars so we park next to each other and protect our stuff, lol.

we have our 'own spot' at the mall too(in tha parking garage), its right above the food court on a long ramp on the upper level, no one ever parks there except for me, my friends, and my brother and some of his friends, its just a quick walk down the stairs to get to the food court... protecting our stuff, EVERYDAY!

torch_red said:
I have those door protectors too (and prefer the "cleaner" look without them---I would love to take them off but I'm unsure of how to do it.

Is this something I can do on my own? Any suggestions on how?

Ok, so to answer my own question---I finally just worked up the nerve last night and pulled (peeled) them off. WOW! What a difference! I REALLY like the look without 'em.

I'll be parking in BFE from now on but I don't mind, my car looks like a bike without the training wheels now.

I have a 99 in Dark Green Satin, I took my Door Ding Protectors off the first month i owned the car, couldnt stand the look. I wasn't too worried about paint color difference, specially with a dark colored car, but I do not have any color difference, even after they were on for the first 4 years of the cars life. I wouldnt worry about the paint difference. Just becareful when pulling them off and use some WD40 to wipe off all of the extra sticky tape that held them on. Just take your time and you will have no trouble. Plus it looks a lot better I think.