New Pics

Silvr04GT

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2002
San Jose, CA
Well since Ryan and Taryn have posted some new pictures I thought I'd join the club! I snapped these, on my cell phone, when I picked my car up from the body shop today. I got my rear quarter panel repainted under warranty cause there was a scratch that was underneath the clearcoat.

How long should I wait with the new area before I clay bar, polish, wax, etc.?

061651.jpg

061652.jpg

061653.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Give it a week or two. If it is just painted don't worry about doing the claybar. Just give it a couple coats of wax. Paint is new doesn't need polish either.

Last year I did mine the same day it came out of the shop. Being it was going straight to the car show and all. It didn't make any difference.

Looking good G!

As for the side window tint, you should be good unless you go through a stop check. My car has side window tint (it was done by the PO) and I have driven right beside police cars with my windows up and never had a problem.

TweekedGT said:

You know I think that if you sent that KB my way, then you could put like 10 more of those :drool: and then it'd be way more fun for me too! :D

THREE40SEVEN said:
Looks great Man!! Nice 'n clean:nice:

Thanks Matt. Hey so in August, around the 17 or 18 area I'm coming down to Calgary and I would love to get my car on the dyno and see what its putting down, how far in advance should I book and how much would that cost? I already have the SCT chip and I'm running the 91 octane tune that it came with and I would venture to guess that's pretty decent but when we do the first pull would you be monitoring A/F, etc. to see how close the tune was? And if it was off and then what would we be looking at for cost to retune it to be more accurate?

StangGrrLy said:
Looking good G!

As for the side window tint, you should be good unless you go through a stop check. My car has side window tint (it was done by the PO) and I have driven right beside police cars with my windows up and never had a problem.

What percent do you have though? Cause I think 35% is pretty easy to get away with, but mine is 15% so they might like that a little less! Also I they'd be less impressed at night too, it's hard to say really. I'l take my chances and try to play it safe and keep em down when there are cops around.

Thank you! Once I get some time hopefully within the next two weeks I've gotta get out the ol' clay bar and various Meguiars things. Then I'll take a new round of pictures with my real camera so they'll look a little better!

Not true. If the car was baked, which it was. There are no solvents left in the paint.

If that were true every show car you have seen wouldn't have any paint on it. Usually they are painted and color sanded within a day or two of coming out of the booth.