New shocks & subframe connectors

Stangsgrl

Mar 13, 2004
Mesa, AZ
I love my car even more now!! Turns feel awesome...next week I really get to try it out on a road course. Yeah..excited.

Anyway, I got the 5-way adjustible Tokico Illumina's and did the subframe connectors for now. I'll get the full Matrix system soon...then on to sway bars, anti-roll bars, etc...

The shocks are set on the highest setting for now...might put them down to midway, or one step down from that after i get back from the road course. My ride is a little bumpier but it's really not as bad as I would've thought. I can really feel everything on the road and how not flat roads are haha. Main thing I don't like right now is that because they're on the firmest setting, my car sits a little higher so it doesn't even look like it's lowered.

anyway... :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks! I just really can't believe the difference.
My bf said i wouldn't notice the difference...heh.

Yea I can't wait...it's just a charity thing that VIR (virgina intern. raceway) does every year before christmas. Any car can go out there and it's pretty controlled, but figure it gets me a little used to driving my car harder than i could on the street.

A good set of subs really make a handling difference... :nice:

After I put in my subs, matrix kit and jacking rails, my car got so tight it felt like a different car. Went from a "small boat that rolled with the sea" to a "power boat that commanded the sea"... I'm serious.

Suspension is a fun part of mods.... :SNSign:

I'm stuck between Bilstien's and the Illumina's. I wouldn't really need to adjust suspension, so what would ride better for the street? Anyone run both?

Yea if you're not going to adjust them don't get adjustibles since they are cheaper.

Lakewoods are common shocks also but mostly used for the strip it seems.

i'll probably put mine down to 3 or 2 after i go to the road track.

I'm stuck between Bilstien's and the Illumina's. I wouldn't really need to adjust suspension, so what would ride better for the street? Anyone run both?

I've ridden both, although Bilstiens way more. Nonetheless, I'd go for Bilstiens over Illumina's any day. Like you, I don't need to adjust, Bilstiens definintely ride better when compared the equal performance setting in the Illumina's, if that makes sense.

You can get a softer ride with the Illumina's at a different setting, if you wished, but the Bilsteins outperform the Illumina's WITH a smooth ride quality.

The track was awesome and car handled great. Pushed the car as far as I thought was safe around turns....it was a lot of fun and can't wait to do it again & get more suspension done!

I'll have to post pics & a vid or two up soon.

I happened to be in front of a guy that had a camera mounted on his car so hopefully I can find that. :)