New stang or keep the 01 GT?

• Buy a new 07 fully loaded

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Keep the 01

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

Cory281

Jun 6, 2004
Hey guys, I posted this over in the 05+ talk. But I'd like all of your opinions as well. Anyway my current 01 GT has 85,000 miles on it and if it didn't have so many I wouldn't even be thinking of selling it. I just don't want a high mileage car. Anyway I like the new Mustangs, about as much as I like the one I have now.

So what do you guys think? Sell it for a brand new fully loaded 07? Or keep the Mustang I have now. I should add that I this car has a lot of sentimental value to me, it would be pretty hard to get rid of it.

Anyways thanks for the opinions.

• Sponsors (?)

personally i think the 05's take a little bit of work to make them look good... outta the box... i really dont like them, so if you got a bank account i say hit the 05+ and make it look decent... if not... blow the 01 and drive it into the dirt

If i had to pick... considering your car is stock... if i had the money to fix up the 05+ i would definetly go for it... its build quality is leaps and bounds better than ours and the 3v is just an amazing platform to build on ... intake and tune FTW

We have my car, plus my husband's 06. I like the way his looks, and he has the new hood, just waiting to get it painted, but as far as driving the car, I hate taking his. Just feels different. I know his has more power, but when I drive it, it just feels like I'm driving a camry or something. Plus it's just huge. Just my 2 cents...

Go for the new one!!! The aftermarket is running wild with the S197 and I don't see them slowing down the development of new parts....I would have bought one if I could have found a way to afford it...

i agree with selling it privately. just gives you more money to spend on the new one. i got a buddy with an 06 and its pretty sweet. hes got some after market wheels and a powerhouse turbo on it. puts down 400+ to the wheels with no other engine mods and on a safe tune.

Now ya know you're gonna get biased results on this forum. While the S197 isn't the best looking stang stock, it looks badass modded. MRT Interceptor FTW!

I love the modded 197's way better than the 99-04, even modded ones.

I traded my 02 GT in for an 05. I don't regret it one bit. Ya, I liked the styling of my 02 better, but its hard to pass up a better engine, a far superior chassis, more comfortable seats and interior, better shifter, and believe it or not, better fuel milage.

My opinion on the S197 is that its downright ugly stock, but can look completely badass with some cosmetic mods, not to mention they respond excellent to all mods, even bolt ons. I can also say that having ridden around in my friend's 06 plenty of times, its simply far more comfortable than my 2000.

Go for the 07....Or wait for the 08 Boss!!!!...5.0 390 hp All Motor......And have you guys checked out this months Road & Track!!! It shows the 09 new Mustang body and also the 2012 New Stang.....I dont know what to think of the 2012 Stang.....Just plain Wicked!!!

lol mity, I already have one true blue GT hood in my basement. I'll tell you what though, after spending about 1300 bucks it sucked. But when I had it all done and started the car up for the first time to see the shaker dance around. I'd have to say it was well worth it.

I don't think a GTO will ever sit in my driveway, I'm not much of a GM guy.

A 03-04 Cobra would be really cool and I was seriously thinking of going that route, but I think I'd rather have a brand new Mustang. Even though I like the Cobras more.

The biggest thing that draws me to the 05+ is the interior. I really like their interiors and mine just sucks. It looks cool from outside of the car, but it's un comfortable.

But I agree with most, stock looking 05+ look like crap, while modded ones look great. I was thinking of doing the CDC shaker and hood and a Shelby styled rear spoiler and some 18 inch rims.

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm still not sure what I'll do.