New Suspension Set Up/bad 60fts

wolfe67

Aug 3, 2014
pa
Need some advice/opinion on how to set up new suspension. ... 91 mustang w/408 stroker.... so before I spent all this money on new suspension my best 60ft was a 1 47 that was with stock rear shocks/eibach drag springs w/airbags team z strip series upper contol arms and teamz anti roll bar...front was lakewood 90/10 struts...eibach drag springs....
New set up....front upr chrome moly kmember/with 150lb 14 inch springs, strange adj struts. ...rear Viking double adjustable shocks, an went back to stock springs. .
An teamz strip series an ARB..
so I was at maplegrove last nite an my best 60ft was 1.52/ 1 52/ 1.54/ 1.55..... et was 10.56@127 10.55@127 10.51@129mph
So now im wondering if its my converter or im just not getting the rite suspension set up.
Any thoughts

• Sponsors (?)

My first thought is the converter also. Have you changed the front strut settings since changes? With the lighter front end that might make a difference. How about the rear shocks? You state they are adj. have you played with those settings at all? 1.5x-1.4x 60ft times are pretty good. What rpm do you launch @?

[QUA5literMan, post: 8858587, member: 177274"]My first thought is the converter also. Have you changed the front strut settings since changes? With the lighter front end that might make a difference. How about the rear shocks? You state they are adj. have you played with those settings at all? 1.5x-1.4x 60ft times are pretty good. What rpm do you launch @?[/QUOTE]
My converter only holds till 2k rpms than it starts pushing my car, so im not leaving hard off the line. I tried a few different settings with the front made it loser an messed with the compression an rebond on the rear just cant get back down in the 1.4s so im thinkn I need a higher stall converter. We just changed my cousins he went from only being able to hold his car at around 2grand now he can hold it ti 2800 an he went from a 12.05 down to a 11.56 so I might be having the same issue. .

Reactions: 1 user
Most definetly sounds like you need more converter. What does it flash to? To get really good times you will need more rpms. Hard to believe you are even pulling 1.5's