New suspension = Time for some pics

GRGT1994

Sep 22, 2004
I recently finished my mods for this summer, including a starter kit from MM (H&R springs and Bilsteins). So I thought it was time to post some new pics. I also have some spacers in the back to put the tires where they should be. I'm pretty happy with the stance, but let me know what you think.

680313_12_full.jpg

680313_13_full.jpg

680313_14_full.jpg

680313_15_full.jpg

680313_16_full.jpg

680313_17_full.jpg

BTW, for comparison, here is a before shot (stock suspension, no spacers).
680313_1_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Nice choice, I like the stance. I have the same springs, they will settle a bit after a week or so. They handle amazing, and without the harsh bone jaring ride of the eibachs. Especially with that shock/strut combo.

I am sure you will be happy with the setup. They only flaw I have with it, is not the rear end of the car wants to walk on really hard turns. The front will take it no problem, but the rear is a little light. My solution. Steeda 5 link. Take her on some hard turns at a reasonable speed and you will see what I am talking about.

You plan on coilover kit next????????

Maybe those pics don't do justice to the drop. Or maybe it's just that I wanted a nice subtle drop that doesn't scream "slammed." Cause in person that is what I got. It definitely looks meaner than it did stock, and it has lost the 4x4 look, but you also don't look at the car and think "wow that thing is dropped low." But that's just my (biased) opinion.

And for the ride, it runs great now. Really nicely settled. I can turn as hard as I want and never get the feeling that the suspension wants to play games with me. And the Bilsteins are great! So I don't think I will be doing any other major suspension mods (5 link, coil overs, etc.). Possibly a panhard bar sometime long down the road.

Next up for me probably is brakes. They are clearly the weak link now.

I think it looks good! It's just like my prokit, it doesn't look like a 4x4 but it's not slammed either. I don't know why ford made our cars so tall from the factory? I'm not the biggest fan of the prokit on my car. I might go a little lower later on.