New times...fairly stock AODE

NotQuik

Founding Member
Oct 21, 2000
Central Florida
Car ran [email protected] w/ 2.2 60' and best mph was 93.33 with only mods being bumped timing and removed air silencer, I've since done o/r h-pipe and flowmaster catback. First pass [email protected] against my fiances IS300 which went [email protected] w/ 2.506 60' so needless to say she has alittle left in her car as well with some more practice and she had a friend with her too. My 2nd pass was [email protected] w/ 2.234 60' so I guess i'm fairly content for what little is done and for it being an AODE....still collecting parts for 5 speed swap though, and I have an e-cam in my closet just waiting for atleast an intake manifold and we'll see what follows.

• Sponsors (?)

Nice times. My first time out w/just flows, stock timing, and a transgo kit, (hot as hell outside) I ran a 15.1 @ 93.3. I was satisfied it being my first time out. I knew that with better conditions and 12* of timing, easily a 14.8-14.9 was possible.

This spring I'll have new times with my ported heads, and TFS Intake.

Those are very good times and speeds for a nearly stock AODE. I think that trapping anywhere near 95 mph with the mods you have on your car is awesome. What temperature was it when you ran the car? I have always noticed a very nice gain in performance when I give my car a chance to cool off as well (engine temp), so if you haven't tried that, it may be worth it.

1Bad89Coupe said:
Car ran [email protected] w/ 2.2 60' and best mph was 93.33 with only mods being bumped timing and removed air silencer, I've since done o/r h-pipe and flowmaster catback. First pass [email protected] against my fiances IS300 which went [email protected] w/ 2.506 60' so needless to say she has alittle left in her car as well with some more practice and she had a friend with her too. My 2nd pass was [email protected] w/ 2.234 60' so I guess i'm fairly content for what little is done and for it being an AODE....still collecting parts for 5 speed swap though, and I have an e-cam in my closet just waiting for atleast an intake manifold and we'll see what follows.

The 5-speed swap will net you some good gains for sure. I had the chance to ring out a '94 GT at my local track in southwestern PA. This was a 5-speed 5-liter with 3.08's in the 8.8. It was a somewhat odd optioned one with pwr. windows, locks and trunk. Speed control, A/C, and rear window defogger were factory deleted. A standard AM/FM cassette was also present in this sn-95. I bumped the timing to 14 degrees initial and removed the air silencer as you did. The only other mod that I performed was the deletion of the serpentine belt. This was a full weight 5-liter and was raced with a 1/4 tank of sunoco 93. I was able to attain a [email protected] in this trim. Interestingly, the removal of the serpentine belt was almost worth .35 tenths over keeping the belt on. The track altitude was 1210' and was in cool oct. air. Good luck!

Hey Joe, welcome to the site! I've talked about your unreal 13 second stocker for years on here, it nice to see that you are actually here. I didn't realize you had a GTS version, or at least it sounds like you did.

It was a nice 5-Liter, especially having the chance to pilot a 1993 and a 1986. The ride was a phenomenal improvement over the FOX's and the driveline performed flawlessly. I had a low mileage example, which I am sure helps, BUT I wouldn't hesistate to add an SN-95 to the stable in the future.

I appreciate the welcome Paul. Believe it or not the reason I bought that sn-95 is because a buddy of mine hooked up with a canary yellow 94 GT way back when those things first hit the showroom. I mean within the 1st month of the 94's arriving this guy had one. It was a 5-speed with black leather, speed control, A/C, pwr. lcks,wndws,trunk. Pwr. seat, and the standard AM/FM cassette. I had the chance to drive it for a weekend with a scant 1,500 miles on it at the time. It was like nothing I had driven before, ergonomics were great, the design was a departure from the FOX's in almost every aspect and it was solid.

I wnt the SVT version when I do put one in the stable. It would be quite a challenge to wring out that version in STOCKER form. Let me ask you this Paul, what would be a reasonable e.t. from a 94-5 cobra with the same mods I had performed on my GT? :nice: