New Tires...What kind?

Hey Fellas, I just got a great deal on some 03 Cobra wheels (17X9) for my 02 GT. Now I need some tires. I can't decide if I should by locally or by off the net. Basically my choices here in town are simple. I can get Bridgestone Fuzions or Falken ZIEX ZE-502 for $649.00 out the door. What do you guys think about these tires or does anyone run them. My car is lowered w/ eibach sportlines and I'm running 275/40/17's in the back and they rub mainly because I have 1" wheel spacers. Tell me what you think. I want decent traction but long lasting too.

• Sponsors (?)

02camarokiller said:
Hey Fellas, I just got a great deal on some 03 Cobra wheels (17X9) for my 02 GT. Now I need some tires. I can't decide if I should by locally or by off the net. Basically my choices here in town are simple. I can get Bridgestone Fuzions or Falken ZIEX ZE-502 for $649.00 out the door. What do you guys think about these tires or does anyone run them. My car is lowered w/ eibach sportlines and I'm running 275/40/17's in the back and they rub mainly because I have 1" wheel spacers. Tell me what you think. I want decent traction but long lasting too.

Anyone?

Look into the BF Goodrich Comp T/A G-Force. I think mine are the KDW models (mosty expensive ones on the web page). Best damn wet traction I have experienced. I can basically race in the rain. There is very minimal wheel spin when shifting fast and I can launch my car at close to 2,500 rpms with virtually better grip than Kuhmos in dry conditions.
I can't say anything bad about these tires.
I haven't launched them hard in dry conditions yet.

edit: Oh yeah excellent cornering in dry and wet conditions. I beat a porsche (the cheap Boxter) in some twisties by my home. The guy was trying.

I think you can find an example on www.tirerack.com - not meant to be a link.

I have 255 45 r17's.

I put yokohamas on mine. Best tires I ever bought, $712 shipped from the Tire Rack. I got the AVS ES-100, good performance all around and they have a nice sidewall design. The Falken ZIEX tires are good also, they can hold alot of pressure and weight. I had some on a old Ford truck and never had a problem, except that it looked like a lowrider with smoothies on it. Good tire for the price.

I like my Goodyear F1's (ds-g3) 275/35/18 all for corners.

side_tire.jpg

eagleF1.JPG

I just put on KDSW's and they are worlds better than the originals. Much stiffer side wall was the first thing I noticed. I almost never drive this car in the rain or bad weather so I cannot comment on wet traction, but others seem to think the wet traction performance is good.

Dont get Toyo Proxes VERY SOFT. Have Kumho 711s right now good dry grip but still soft. Pretty good in the rain until you put your foot in it :D of course. Suck in snow. Not for sure what to get...if you have the $ go with the triple fives!!

I just bought 2 sets of Fuzion tires from Tiresplus. I paid a total of 658 for balance,new valve steams and road hazard. These tires come with a 40000 mile warrenty. Most performance tires come with no warrenty. I had good luck with these tires. They handle excellent. Pearl02.