New to me, have you seen these spy shots yet?

fastfive0

"Your girl likes my stang better"
Founding Member
Mar 1, 1999
Wilkes-Barre,Pa
These were sent to me by email today from an anon sender who states, that he took these @ his work. Don't know if there are any truth's behind his story but none the less were some cool pics. If they are reposts let me know I will delete them.

Attachments

• Dscn1769.jpg
    Dscn1769.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 876
  • Dscn1770.jpg
    Dscn1770.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 950
  • Sponsors (?)

Wherever they were shot (I've got a good idea, the old Continental MK II plant where where Ford still does most of its prototyping and ultra-low-scale pilot assembly), those photos are either OLD, or they are recent photos of a dormant body-development mule that they would have been done playing with awhile ago. If you look close, at the gaps, the fits, the execution, on the 2nd and 3rd image, it is nowhere near production-level, which means it probably pre-dates any permanent tooling. Look at the edges around where the taillights would go. The deck lid edge and gap. Door gaps. This close to a September launch, they are WAY WAY past the stage of developement you see going on these photos. Stuff like this exists, UNDER INCREDIBLE SECURITY, years prior to launch, which is why it may be a relic hanging around in a Ford building that now, today, somebody was allowed to snap some pictures of by a nudge-nudge-wink-wink supervisor. By now, everything is tooled, everything is finished, final testing and assembly preparation at the Mazda plant is where they're at today, which is light-years beyond cobbling together an ill-fitting and ill-finished steel body as part of the tooling development process.

Gaps would not be even if the weather stripping was not in place so you can't judge that. I have restored a lot of cars and you would not believe the difference once the weather stripping is in place. Great pics either way.

RICKS, I dont see the "rough edges" you are talking about. I think you are seeing the left over from when they removed the background behind the car. They did not want to reveal where it was. Remember that ford is suppose to be sending mules out to steeda and saleen to prototype. This could be one of their shops.

That transmission tunnel looks huge.

check out the interior photo of the door. There's an almost vertical line running from top to bottom that cuts through the two big inner panel openings. Almost looks like an extra piece of steel on top of the door structure. Strange.

shatner saves said:
That transmission tunnel looks huge.

check out the interior photo of the door. There's an almost vertical line running from top to bottom that cuts through the two big inner panel openings. Almost looks like an extra piece of steel on top of the door structure. Strange.

The tranny tunnel remained as such, as far as I can tell. Looks like they have T-56 plans for the SVT car, or the 5-speed auto is larger than I realize.

It's probably a body being worked on by one of the tuner shops. That's about the only likely scenario, as I suspect all of the pre-production cars have been built, and any additional ones would be for final federal crash certifications before moving it over to full line production.