new to the board

kiddiccarus said:
Who do you think he got the money from? Plus my GF could not figure out what one to buy me, so I told her which one :D of course I added in some bits and a new high pressure hose too.

I was just messing with ya :D I need a die grinder my self...I'm sure I got on my friends nerves using his during to some porting to my intakes. I will say this becareful doing aluminum, it grinds real quick ;)

• Sponsors (?)

well, some news from svoca.com is saying that the svo tps is supposed to be set below .90 at closed throttle, and since my car is seaching and reading higher when its running my t.b. is leaking or worn out. does anyone know if the seals on the shaft are easily replaceable? any part numbers or where to get them?

i took apart my t.b.s and they seem fine except the front most seal is dryrotted on both. i dont seem to see anyshaft play. and a friend at napa says he already tried to get the seals for his t.b. and cant get them through napa.....any body else replace theiers?

well on tuesday, i swapped in a new used distributer with a motorcraft tfi and pip still in it.......works great now. im a believer for the motorcraft parts, but i dont understand why the cheap stuff works for soem and not others, even if you try a couple of them. also, do you guys have different readings of the tps at idle and engine off? mine is always different, i reset it this time around so it will be .89 at idle. it is now going to .75 engine off. why the heck is mine differnet? im using a known good throttle body with good throttle shaft seals, and the mityvac and boost gauges arent registering any vac leaks. with tps set at idle, my a/f gauge finally is reading more in stoich than rich all the time.

that does look pretty good. i f-ing wrecked the svo coming home from napa on wednesday in the icestorm. i was doing fine taking my time and slid over sideways on ice into a towtruck.....lights are busted and the upper core support bent down a bit, so its not just bolt on stuff. see you at work tomorrow.