New to the board

Hey all,

I just bought my first mustang, it's a 02' GT. In addition to the car I'm big into my other vehicle, my jeep. I have included some pictures of it as well if anyone is curious. Here is the mustang. I bought it from a dealership here in St. Joseph, MO, which is actually where the pictures are from, so I don't know alot about it. I think the body kit might be a roush kit, but I might be wrong. I've listed the mods that I can see done already as well as the mods I'm looking into. Ohh, sorry for the pictures, I don't have my camera right now to take some better ones.

Current
- 5spd, 1000watt Mach, Leather, Tint, Body kit, 2 GY Eagles, 2 (new) Hankook VENTUS V4ES
- K&N cold air intake
- Flowmaster exhaust
- Lowered, is there anyway to tell the manufacture of the springs or by how much? Are they typically stamped on the spring? I'm not trying to sound dumb, I've never worked on cars, only my jeep.

Plans
- 3.73 or 4.10's (what's the recommendation with a 5spd, keep in mind this is the vehicle that is suppost to get the better gas mileage)
- Performance Chip (what manufacture, model?)
- Short throw shifter (manufacture?)
- Anything else that is easy to change over that's recommended to increase HP? I don't want to do anything extremely time consuming with this car, it's my reliable vehicle.

And in what order would you guys recommend the mods.

edf20aa0.jpg

edf20a9a.jpg

And the Wrangler, 92'
- Sprung Over Axle lift (6" lift)
- 1" Body lift
- 33" BFG MT's
- 8.8 rear axle from an explorer
- 4:10's
- Aussie lockers front and back
- Misc. (to get everything above to work, steering, driveshafts, slip-yoke eliminator, traction bar, lights, etc.)

edf20a8f.jpg

edf20a45.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Welome to Stangnet!

Nice Jeep..:D

Your first mod should be gears, they will really wake your Mustang up. Most will say go with 4.10's. But either 3.73's, 3.90's or 4.10's will make you happy.

You already have Flowmasters, So an O/R H-Pipe will make it sound good.

That should get ya started.

Welcome.

Befor you do anything to your car, you need to finish your Roush Kit!!!!! Your side is uneven hight(front and rear being lower then side) because some yahoo who had your car befor you never installed entire Roush StgIII kit.
U need roush side panel, and side exhaust to finish the looks.

Then worry about other stuff!!!!

Thanks for the remarks, but I'm not looking to drop any money in the exterior. I'm happy with the way it looks. I wanted to know what economical mods I can do to increase the performance.

I don't see the point in replacing parts on a GT to make it look exactly like a Roush when it is not.

92Yj02Stang said:
Thanks for the remarks, but I'm not looking to drop any money in the exterior. I'm happy with the way it looks. I wanted to know what economical mods I can do to increase the performance.

I don't see the point in replacing parts on a GT to make it look exactly like a Roush when it is not.

each to their own i guess. I don't think you should make your car Roush when its not. Agree. Should finish side, and pick different rims, and spoiler is way I did.

I think mine turned out great right people?

92Yj02Stang said:

If you are happy with the way it looks that is all that matters.

Conventional wisdom says that first mods should be gears, exhaust, or shifter. Looks like you have exhaust covered already.

I suggest you get gears and a handheld engine programmer such as Diablo Predator or SCT XCal2. The programmer will let you correct the speedo for the new gear ratio and it does all kinds of other cool things. This all will cost $600-1000 depending on how bad you get azz raped for the gear install.

mity2 said:
each to their own i guess. I don't think you should make your car Roush when its not. Agree. Should finish side, and pick different rims, and spoiler is way I did.

I think mine turned out great right people?

Yes, your ride looks sick! :nice:

Looks like, in the second picture that your rear and side quarter glass is tinted but the windows are not. :shrug: If so, tint the windows or take the tint off the sides and back.

Get 4.10 gears and X or H pipe to start, IMO.

But before you mod it at all, I would check all the fluids, plugs, wires, basically all preventative maintenance stuff.

I love how everyone has an opinion, but it takes forever for someone to notice that they didn't answer your questions ..
I love the 3.73 gears i've got, much better than stock but not too low.
Most people seem to like either the 5.0 pro, or the steeda tri-ax. I've never tried the 5.0 and I love the Steeda.
As far as a "chip" goes...Kilgore Trout gets the nod, go with one of those...they leave you a lot of room for tweaking future mods, and there will be plenty!
I don't know how to tell brand springs, maybe someone else does....
Welcome to the club