New Track Bests for two cars!

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
Montgomery, NY
So my brother, father and I went to NED for their Tasca Shootout. We all towed up and thought if any day to get new bests, this was it. Mid 30s when we arrived, but the sun was out in full force.

First pass for my brother and I were exciting. Burnout, stage, rev limiter and the car didnt move. Hit 2nd, car started creeping, rolled out, tagged 3rd and it skated all over the track. Got it hooked, spun into 4th and went 3.08 60', to a 15.2 @ 106 mph. HAHA! Brother did similar with a terrible 60' spinning and sliding all down track to a 16.xx after putting it in 5th and coasting out.

The track got better and I hit a string of 12.6s with mid 1.7 60's. No new best, but at least the track was sticking.

Brother went a slew of 12.0 @ 112-113 mph runs. Came into the semis against an 11.4 car and knew he had to let it rip. Snagged a 1.58 60' and tried to break the T5. He absolutely murdered the gears with nothing but a loud backfire on each shift. Actually impressed me because he has been working on powershifting and I think after that pass he had it down. Time hit on the boards...

11.89 @ 113.4

The other car broke and he got into the finals.

In the finals he was running a 12.0 - 12.1 car, but the other driver is a ringer, he knows how to cut a light and will get the car down the track. The other driver went red but my brother still gave it hell. Once again destroying the gears and the boards lit...

11.86 @ 113.3 with a get this... 1.55 60'. :eek:

So we were pretty satisfied there. He got the win in the Stock class and skipped the 11.9s and went two 11.8s.

Next up was my father. He had been a couple 9.9xs, but wanted an .80. A few low 10s spinning and he adjusted a few things. Went out and gave it hell and the boards lit...

9.90 @ 135.9

He was happy yet pissed. So the last run against a mid to lower 9s nitroused car, he got it where it needed to be. Lost to the guy running a 9.3 spinning hard, but did go...

9.88 @ 136.4.

All in all both brother and father hit new bests, and placed in 1st or 2nd. My junk went slow, but it was a good day.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a nice time, a good get away from work on the new house:nice:. I figured you would have killed your old times with the 15's on your car? What happened were they worn or old tires? Are your 17 and 18 bigger diameter?

I would not go out of my way to buy BFG slicks, but have not heard anything about them.

Scott

I thought it would too, but the BFGs are short track roundy round tires... Just didn't work right for the track. Probably had more in it with the 17s out back.

Yes that 3.08 was bad. The launch felt the same as when I broke the rear last time. The car didn't move. Even through 2nd gear it barely got out, and slid around in 3rd. The track was junk early in the day, but came around later.

The sad part with the house is I'm not even in it yet. Closing on the 30th! So things will be even crazier then!

finally!! you ran a worse time then me lol. i ran something almost as crappy as your 15 sec pass the last time i went to the track. 14.1@104 thanks to my 15inch kelly tires on my 10 holes. it was all over the place lol. sounds like a pretty good day bein out with your dad an bro an just beatin on the cars lol

Yeah, my 15.2 pass was fun. The launch felt the same as when I broke the rear. Car didn't feel like it moved... It was actually a little unnerving to be sliding around so much going down the track.

Yeah we have a good time at the track. Even more fun when people are running new bests and winning races. We also race with a good group of friends that we see only at the track, and it's nice to shoot the s*** in the pits after each run and compare and contrast what to do next round etc...

We usually hit Fords @ Etown down your way, but this year it fell on a bad weekend for us and we had a race the day before, slightly closer.

The track got better and I hit a string of 12.6s with mid 1.7 60's.

My junk went slow, but it was a good day.

I'd hardly call 12.6's slow, especially with 272rwhp and mildly ported stock heads. I'd be very happy to get those times and I have almost identical engine mods as you (except for my Performer intake and a 75mm TB). :nice:

I'd hardly call 12.6's slow, especially with 272rwhp and mildly ported stock heads. I'd be very happy to get those times and I have almost identical engine mods as you (except for my Performer intake and a 75mm TB). :nice:

My most recent dyno showed 258/295 to the tires. I think changing the exhaust might have hurt it some from before. It isn't "slow" per say, but I was gunning for a 12.52 or better. Would have loved to run a 12.4xx but I guess it wasn't my day!

My brothers car is as follows:

Stock bottom end, GT40Ps with upgraded springs, VJ, milled to 58cc, cam, cobra intake, 70mm TB, 75mm MAF, 24 lb injectors, LTs, X pipe, Hooker mufflers, T5, clutch, shifter, DS, 4.10s, differential, axles, control arms and shocks/struts.