New Video Motortrend - 5.0 vs Camaro vs chall SRT8!

• Sponsors (?)

I must admit, from the video, the SRT8 sounded even better than the 5.0 and, to me, it definitely is the best looking from the exterior. Of course, the interior is Chrysler crude. The Mustang's my choice but the Challenger continues to grow in appeal.

I like the looks of the SRT8 as well, but the first time I pulled up behind a new Challenger (v6) I couldn't believe how huge it looked. I like a car that can be tossed around but I wouldn't have the nerve to go throwing that motha into a hard corner.

I know what you mean. I guess I was encouraged by the comments of the reviewer that the SRT8 really seemed to 'shrink' at speed. The interior bothers me more than the size. Besides, the Corvette guys say the Mustang is HUGE. It's what you get used to.

I must admit, from the video, the SRT8 sounded even better than the 5.0 and, to me, it definitely is the best looking from the exterior. Of course, the interior is Chrysler crude. The Mustang's my choice but the Challenger continues to grow in appeal.

Spoken by someone who obviously hasn't owned a Chrysler product! :rlaugh:

If you've owned anything made by Chrysler in the last decade or so the appeal of the Challenger would diminish greatly. I've had 3 Chryslers and will never buy another one as long as I live. I've owned 3 GM cars and would buy another (and consider the Camaro). Performance aside, the Mustang and Ford has them all beat for quality IMO.