Newb with fresh stang

in2xshp

May 28, 2008
Bel Air MD.
Ok, ket me tell you a bit about myself first, i am not a "Real Newb" to American Muscle nor am i to Stangs. I can say it has been a long time, the last Stang i owned was 1987, i bought it new, a beautiful grey GT 5spd. I was the luckiest kid in High School at the time as you could imagine, anyway getting beyond that jst recently i was given, yes given a triple white vert, i am going to pick it up on sat. It is a V-6, but not for long i have to say, and i just want to get this out in the open right of the bat, i have been playing with Euro Tuners (krout berners not the rice kind, don't insult me) for some time now and i needed to get back into real American Muscle and she gave me this chance. Any way until i go on too long here by next weekend at least the engine will be out of it and being preped for a V-8 swap. I plan on going Old School i.e carb set up, no bottle and no boost, well maybe induced, anyway, i will be taking pics along the way, i'm not made of money by any means so this will be a long build and yes i will be asking questions, newb questions so get ready and don't be too harsh.

Sam:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

okay welcome aboard. if you cant tell v6 isnt the most jammin section here. but liek you said your doing a v8 swap(awesome btw) and you can find tons of help in the v8 section gl and welcome to stangnet.

With a little TLC , I think it will be awesome.

And I beleive and 94-98 door will work just fine. Look for a mustang graveyard near you for help.

And back to the top , I would opt for the cloth top as they look better!

Have you considered keeping it a V6 and doing a supercherger? Just FYI:)

With a little TLC , I think it will be awesome.

And I beleive and 94-98 door will work just fine. Look for a mustang graveyard near you for help.

And back to the top , I would opt for the cloth top as they look better!

Have you considered keeping it a V6 and doing a supercherger? Just FYI:)

I have been considering a lot of things, however i have just been tinkering with her, it was very low on water and filled it up, upon pulling it out f the garage i noticed a pool of water where the exhaust is on the floor of the garage. I got a little worried about how bad this motor really is so i started it back up and watched water literally pouring out of the exhaust while it was running, it was steaming like a tea kettle and yes it was antifreeze running out of the tailpipe and water burning off at the same time so i really do think she is going to be a prime canidate for a transplant.

The body looks pretty intact, but judging from the condition of the car, I'm going to go on a whim and say most if not all the mechanical parts are shot. And if they aren't shot, they probably will be soon. Strip it down. Build it back up.