Newbie on StangNet! (Sweden)

Hi! Im a guy from the other side of the water pit and new on the StangNet :hail2: forum.

I drive a 1966 Mustang Coupe (My Garage) with a 302 SB and 650 cfm 4bbl carb. The car is an Export vehicle and started its swedish life the first of Jan 1966 in a town called Borås. Since then its had 15! owners. We (dad and I) are #16. Some time in its life the 289 got swaped for the 302 (-68 model), volvo radiator (!?) and 9" rear end.
I wont babbel too much..
The car is currently on its way to better days, RESTOMOD days!:D (though in a snails pace) What can a student do with out money...:shrug: :(

So far we have fixed up the engine bay (to HELL with the volvo crap!!), Did some rust work in the rear and rear frame rails, new brake and fuel lines, electrical (at one stage we found a wire 1m long with 5! different coloured wires soldered together. No wonder we couldnt finde the right one...:bang: )

New mods are; a 650cfm 4bbl carb, electric fan from a Saab, HOME MADE front power disc brake setup (wich Im VERY proud of :D ) with Volvo 240 10" ventilated discs and 4 calliper brakes (painted red with black "MUSTANG" of course :nice: ) and thats it I think. Nothing much but this is a budget build since I havnt won on BINGO yet.
Plans for the future; hmmm lets see, Sub frame conectors, MPI, forged hardware for the 302, a Paxton or two, non slip diff (a smoked 11 rather then a 1) Autometer gauges in a home made panel, two tone paint black and green... and the list goes on.

NOW to the point. The nearest mod is the MPI conversion and Im wondering if any one here has any experience of MEGA SQUIRT EFI and MPI converisons??? It would be of great help!

Thank you

Niklas/ "Bad 66"

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a very nice project to work on.

I know what you mean about how hard it is to do a restomod on a budget. I've found that selling your old parts on ebay can pay for part or all of your new parts.

There's lots of info in this forum on the Megasquirt conversion. Do a forum search and you'll have plenty of information.

Good luck with your project :D

Attachments

• 26143642l0gd.gif
    26143642l0gd.gif
    7 KB · Views: 100
Hy Bad 66, i`ve been also thinking to put a Saab or Audi High efficency Fan in my Mustang. From which Typ of Saab did you take the fan? Maybe you can put some Pictures of the fan mounted in your Stang on the net? That would be great!

greetz Mario

Hello and welcome from a fellow European!

Maybe see you at Vasteras for the Big Power Meet - when I finally get mine finished...!

As far as Megasquirt goes, there is a UK magazine called Practical Performance Car, and they are always fitting Megasquirts to all sorts of engines, even I beleive, a Rolls Royce Merlin from a Spitfire that has been put into a Rover SD1...:jaw: They have an active technical help section, and no doubt an internet forum. Take a look.

"Hy Bad 66, i`ve been also thinking to put a Saab or Audi High efficency Fan in my Mustang. From which Typ of Saab did you take the fan? Maybe you can put some Pictures of the fan mounted in your Stang on the net? That would be great!" - PM 65

Sure, Ill take a picture next time Im home, probably next weekend. If Im not mistaking I think the fan comes from a early Saab 99, 80's model. It covers nearly the whole radiator hight wise, but you most likley need to weld 4 flanges in each corner of the fan so you can mount it on the flanges on the radiators edges.:eek: Dont worry Ill put up a picture this week end.:D

Wilkommen -LMan

Yep, you aint right. Either YOU are german, or you need to read up on your goegraphy.:rlaugh:

Niklas / "Bad 66"